Chapter 1:Platform 9 3/4

Today is the day!!I mean today is the day I am actually going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! How cool is that!! I am going to learn actual magic! I am Mia Anderson.

There we are, just minutes behind when I can run through the wall between platform 9 and 10, that is Platform 9 ¾.My mum had told me everything about Hogwarts! The teachers, the classes and Professor Dumbledore!!Oh I am just waiting to run through the halls of such a wonderful school!

We stood between the platforms 9 and 10, as much as I was excited I was also terrified! My mum could see how terrified I was! My mum and Dad ran along with me though the wall and we were transported to a whole new train station! There were many students and I could see many students were as tensed as I was.

"Write to us when you get there darling!", dad said.

I was so lost in thought I had not paid heed to what dad had said.

"Hey, there is nothing to be worried ...."dad was telling when mum interrupted and said "You'll do great darling! Now come on! We don't want miss the train do we?!"

Mum and dad gave me a bone crushing hug and I was on the train to Hogwarts!

I walked into the train and was searching for an empty compartment, as I was nervous to sit with strangers. I finally found an empty compartment and made myself comfortable.

The whole of the train journey I was lost in the thought of which house I would be sorted into, when I was brought back to reality when a girl with bushy hair stood at the door of the compartment and asked if I had seen any toad. Apparently a boy called Neville had lost it. I replied in negative.

Then she said," You better change into robes, we are expected to arrive soon."

I noticed she had already changed into her robes. I went to change into my robes when I had bumped into a red-haired boy.

"Careful there, first year!" he said.

I was quite shocked! How did a guy, who had not even seen me knew I was a first year!!

"Don't worry, the tension on your face tells me you are first year! I am Fred, Fred Weasley! Gryffindor" he introduced himself.

Wow! He just read my mind! Did I look so tensed that he could tell I was a first year!

I was deep in my thoughts, but he stood there still waiting for a reply.

"I am Mia Anderson" I said introducing myself.

He smiled, so did I. He seemed to be good! Then we parted ways.

We got off the train when a giant man, namedHagrid, guided us to the boats. We got on to the boats, where I could the castle! Oh it was mesmerizing!!We walked into the Great Hall and saw large windows and candles floating above us! I gasped in amazement!

The Head Master, Professor Dumbledore, about whom my mum had told about said few words and the sorting ceremony began.

The Sorting Hat was placed on the students head and were sorting into the houses. I didn't pay much attention, when I heard the name "Harry Potter". My mum had told me about him! The Sorting hat sorted him Gryffindor.

Oh to get into Gryffindor would be a dream come true, though my parents were in Hufflepuff.

"Mia Anderson" the professor called.

I walked over to the chair and the hat was placed on my head! I could my heart pounding and I was incredibly nervous!

"Ha!! I know you! We might expect trouble and loyalty from you!" a long silence awaited, when it finally said,
"Better be...."