Exhausted

this was a request sent in by @SamyRosee123 . thank you for responding! I hope you & everyone else enjoy reading this chapter. also in my last chapter I realized I made a lot of mistakes & im sorry about that. hope everyone is having a good day! vote, share, & comment!

Jack was flying over Russia, it was dead in the middle of Winter and time for blizzards. He had been hearing the kids asking for snow these past few weeks since North taught him the language. 

He had been giving as many blizzards and small snow flurries all week non-stop, not even realizing he was becoming tired. He was using to much magic, to much of himself like he always did for the kids. Ever since becoming a guardian, he had been working more for the kids than he used to before becoming one of the big 4. 

The North Wind blew a strong breeze pushing Jack in the direction of the North Pole trying to tell him it was time to leave. He suddenly got really dizzy in mid air. Jack had never really gotten sick. The only times he felt bad was either when he was beaten down by someone who was against him.

"Maybe it's time to leave..." Jack mumbled, his voice slurred. He had over-exerted himself. The wind pushed him forward towards the direction of the North Pole. Jack's body was to tired for him to control his staff, making the wind have trouble carrying him. The wind did the best she could trying to guide him to safe ground. The winter boy had no idea he was falling at a slow rate, to tired to realize he was even still in the air. He was falling into a deep sleep. Jack had been in this situation before were he had to go into a deep sleep to gain his energy back. It was never because he had gone as far as to over exerting himself. 

The wind had placed him in a clearing in the woods not really knowing what to do. She was nothing, no body, no voice, no way to contact anyone other than the immortal child who flew with her. The wind couldn't do anything for her companion. All she could do was wait for him to wake. 

-------------

"why do children feel the need to leave these toys all over the floor?" Pitch grumbled, quietly pushing the annoying things out of the way. He had a job to do. He looked towards the bed of a boy around the age of eight years old. This boy had taken a while to go to sleep. Ever since he had become more to his human side and lost the control of the fearlings, he hadn't spread many nightmares just for the fun of it. Pitch had found a new ability in himself. He could sense when a child needed a dose of fear for something they needed to learn. 

He could see with new ability that this child had been climbing to the highest points in the trees, scaring his parents with their fear of him falling. 

Pitch had become less harsh on himself since he became more in touch with human side, losing the control he was under. Something made him realize what he did wasn't all that bad. He remembered words Jack said to Jamie one day, knowing that neither boy knew he was there. 

*flashback*

"Jack, why do you say fear is okay now?" Jamie asked. They were watching movies since Ms. Bennett and Sophie were out of the house. Jack looked at Jamie and then back at the movie, watching as the girl started to walk alone with no one around with the sun going down. 

"You see this girl? In the beginning of the movie, the other girl was walking alone and she got taken, right? The adults told the girls not to be afraid when really they should be. There is a lot of things to be afraid of late at night, sadly more if you're a girl." 

"Why is it more scary for a girl?" Jamie asked. He was really confused as to why it was different. He was young, he didn't know what happened in the grown up world yet. Jack would explain one day if his mother didn't. He would of course tell him because of Sophie. Jack knew girls were strong but with the world the way it was, he wanted Jamie to know that Sophie, Pippa, any other girl would need a boy who they wouldn't fear. 

"That's another story for another time Jamie, let's focus back to what i'm trying to say. There are times when fear needs to be around and needs to be felt. A person without fear of anything becomes arrogant and reckless, with no boundaries. People need fear in their lives because with out it, life would become fear in itself. Do you understand?" 

Pitch took that as his ticket out. Hearing that made his chest beat a little differently, he didn't like it. Emotions were not his thing.

*real time*

Pitch came back to present time, focusing back on the job at hand. He would never tell Jack he heard what he said. Pitch went to forming the nightmare sand to fit the boy, making sure to add the fear of the parents in there. He was just about to start the dream when he felt a pull in him. 

Something was wrong. A nightmare was happening to someone close to him. A chill and bitter taste. Jack. 

He focused inside himself looking for the location of the boy, completely forgetting about the other boy in front of him. Pitch pulled a shadow, going inside it to transport himself to a shadow near Jack. He showed up in the snow in the middle of the woods. It was the middle of a bloody blizzard. He cursed, the snow was extremely deep. It was like Jack had lost control or something.

"Jack? Where are you?" He asked against the wind. He looked around the clearing focusing in on a spot of blue fabric laying on the ground. Pitch moved forward towards the spot, the snow proving to be higher than ankle deep. He really had to find a different style of clothing. This cape was proving to be the death of him. He would have to ask the yeti, Phil, to see if he would clean it for him. 

Pitch made it to Jack's side. He shook the boy's shoulder pulling on him, turning him to his side. His face turned from annoyed at the snow to concern for the boy in front of him. Everyone had been doing their own things the past few weeks. Sandy and him focusing on spreading their dreams and nightmares. Tooth had been at work more due to more kids eating more candy and taking less dental care. North was focusing on toys due to the fact Christmas was close, and Bunny was helping him this year. Pitch didn't really think about what Jack had been doing. Now he wished he looked more into it. 

Jack had deep purple bags under his eyes and his face was more pale than usual. The poor frost child had over-exerted himself, the signs showing very clearly. He shook his head looking around, there was so much snow around. He had to get Jack out of here so nature could fully take it's course. 

He lifted Jack, holding the boy close. A groan came from the boy, 

"ugh...Pitch?" Jack mumbled, fisting his cape like a small child. Jack sleeping was always a rare thing to witness, and it would always be something that even Pitch would consider adorable. Tooth let herself freak out over it, squealing about how adorable it was. He knew that it was cute, but it also showed how it took Jack to be asleep to act as a child should when looking for someone to trust in sleep. 

"Yes it's me. You have worn yourself out, Jackson. It's time to get you back to the Pole." He prepared to transport himself to the pole when Jack shook his head no. 

"No, North and Bunny mad. worn out they would get mad at me." He mumbled. Jack kept moving getting more comfortable into the shadow man's hold. Pitch knew that they wouldn't really get mad at Jack, none of them did. They just didn't like it when he put so much on himself. 

"No one is mad at you Jack for being exhausted. Let's get you to a comfortable spot." A shadow was opened leading to a small room deep in a dark library, two couches in view. He walked forward putting Jack on the couch with a blanket over him. He put the staff on the table, sitting on the other couch grabbing the book on the table. 

"Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, let's see how this book is." Pitch opened the book, getting comfortable. 

Who would have thought the once big bad boogeyman who put fear into everyone would become someone who picked up an over-exerted, exhausted winter child. 

----------

the end of this chapter. i hope everyone liked it, two updates in two days. if anyone has any other request before i finish this book, you're welcome to send them in. hope everyone has a good day or night, depending on your time zone.