Lapse in Time

In honor of me graduating high school on Thursday, I want to give all of you a week of one-shots. I am going to put an update everyday, until Thursday night when I graduate then I will start back the next Monday after I get home from vacation. I hope everyone is good with this! 

Jack realizes his time really is altered after realizing he's been gone longer than he thought. He makes a final decision at the end, that really won't take that long. 

-----------------------

ten months

Jack was flying when he just stopped. He couldn't really remember when he started flying actually. It was after the milk incident, he had left the Pole and now he was flying. But what was feeling so wrong? 

He looked around the sky line of New York feeling as if there was something he was missing. He turned to look at the bill boards seeing if the news was showing something, when he noticed the date. His eyes widened when he realized it had already been another two months since he last visited anyone. It felt like only yesterday he was telling Baby Tooth to spill the picture of milk. 

Jack took off towards the Warren, where he told himself he would go next. He knew it was night time when he got there as he wondered if anyone was up. He landed in the grass that he missed so much as he looked around. The glowing flowers shown bright as he walked around. There were some eggs that were awake running around. He saw the burrow up ahead but didn't want to go in just yet. He turned to go down the long tunnel leading to the other Warren. 

When he got in there, he saw that it was just as big as the original. He wondered how they could make it that fast. Did they dig this out or was it magic? He would have to ask that when he got back and possibly out of being grounded. He knew it would happen no mater what the women said. His father knew the only way to keep Jack somewhere was to ground him. 

He walked past many burrows that must be the homes of all of the others. How many Pooka's did his power bring back? He saw how they all kind of looked the same, a carved out large hole in the wall that was dug out like a rabbit. He shook his head with a smile as he could finally tell his father this was more proof that he was more like a true rabbit. Jack walked up to a larger burrow out of all the other ones and his curiosity got the best of him. 

Jack walked through the curtain covered doorway. There were no real doors on the openings just thick curtains. It made sense that someone so in touch with their instincts and with nature wouldn't want a door. He looked around for any hint of who this could belong to when he came across an old picture on the wall. His breath caught as he saw a picture that was taken of him and Bunny a while ago. It was next to another picture of him and Bunny, after falling in the paint river. 

He knew Bunny wouldn't just move so who could this be? It was when he turned to look at the wall that he saw which weapons holder was on the wall. Ares had the staff like weapons not boomerangs. He winced as he realized he was just in his grandparents house. He took off, flying out to go back to his home. 

The kitchen area had been recently used which made him smile. Aster never really used the kitchen, just eating the vegetables out of the garden after washing them off. He would use the kitchen to make Jack eat unless they went to raid North's kitchen through a tunnel. Jack walked to look through the things on the counter to see other things rather than veggies, there was actually fruits. He knew that was all Lilly. 

Jack walked towards the bed rooms as he just walked around. He came to the door of his Dad's room, peeking in like a little kid. He saw Lilly sleeping peacefully but no sight of Bunny. Jack frowned as he didn't see the rabbit outside when he was exploring. He looked down the hall to see a slight glow coming from his room. Jack knew why and sighed as he headed to his room.