The Little Moments - Pitch

Saturday is update day as always! I am posting from my phone today because my computer isnt working right so I hope this post right. I know this is probably weird but I have a spam on Instagram that I post my favorite edits and other just random things on, the username is lostgirl2411 just like my username on here. The last part of "The Little Moments" is next! I hope this has been a good one-shot series, I liked writing them a lot. 

Pitch

"And the prince and princess lived happily ever after!" A girl cried out at the campfire, laughs echoing around the backyard. 

Pitch rolled his eyes from his place in the shadows. No, he wasn't allowed to scare children on purpose anymore (except for on Halloween) but he was there because some of the children were afraid. Pitch counted a total of seven kids. He felt three of the children's fear of the dark and of monster in the dark growing. It was funny to see these children out camping considering not many children did anymore. Memories of the Dark Ages came to mind as he remembered families camping and out in the dark. 

A snort of a nightmare horse beside him brought his attention back to himself. He turned to look at the horse who no one had known he sent after Jack. It was the horse that had been watching over the boy since he left. It knew not to get to close because Jack had the sixth sense of feeling when they were around. Pitch's head tilted as the message from the horse got to him. 

The boy was at the Pole. He nodded his head to no one in particular as he took to the shadows to teleport to the room at the Pole that Jack was in. Sure enough, there was Jack sprawled out on the sofa in all directions. Without the wind holding him in a tree, Jack would turn into a star fish and sprawl out to his hearts content. The thing that made Pitch want to smack his head into a wall was the fact that Jack had turned himself to where his head was off of the couch upside down. 

He looked around for elves or yetis, seeing none. Pitch walked over to Jack, pushing his body back on to the couch and fixing the blanket that North had placed on him. He stepped back to leave the boy be when a cold hand grabbed his wrist. The sleepy eyes met his for a minute making him raise his eyebrows. Jack was staring him down. It went on for about a mintue before Jack's head fell back on to the pillow. 

"Night, Pitch." A mumbled response came out of the boy as he flipped on to his stomach on the couch. The shadow shook his head with a rare smile patting the white hair as he left. 

"Goodnight, Jack." 

------------------------------

Two days later:

Pitch didn't sleep much. As funny (sad) as it was, Pitch's sleep was filled with nightmares. He never got a good nights rest. If you asked Jack, he would say that's why he was always so serious. The nightmares had gotten worse for him over the decades until finally he stopped sleeping until he would drop. He was walking around Paris when he saw him. 

Jack was sitting on the Eiffel Tower. It wasn't Winter in Paris but then again it wasn't fully summer either. Everyone knew Jack was stubborn and would stay in a place even if it was summer if he really wanted to be there. Pitch used a shadow to get next to Jack at the top. The boy had stopped jumping at his sudden arrivals from the shadows a long time ago. A rare look of seriousness was on Jack's face as looked at the sky. It was a full moon tonight. Pitch had a good idea what the boy was thinking about. He walked up to the edge beside the boy. Jack would talk sooner or later. And unlike the others, he had time. 

"Does he really care about me? Or am I just another piece in his chess game?" Jack spoke softly. He didn't want Manny to hear is his question. He didn't even know if the man was listening. He probably wasn't, he hadn't for the last three hundred years. What would change?