Bonding Over Memories

This one-shot will focus on Jack and North's father/son relationship. There will be some brotherly love as well.  Maybe some sad parts.  

 Ever since Jack got his memories back, he has been having nightmares of the incident with his sister. There is another memory though, the memory of his father. His father was an abusive person, but Jack made sure his sister never got hurt. The memories of his father beating him and yelling at him were horrible. Jack Frost wasn't someone who asked for help, but this time he may need it. He may need help from his new family. 

North and Bunny glanced at their favorite winter spirit, poor boy had exhausted himself again. Tooth was worrying over him, Sandy was just smiling at him, but Pitch looked very troubled. 

"Pitch, what is wrong with you?" asks Tooth. She glances back at Jack to him twitch. When she looks back at Pitch, she has a terrible feeling she knows whats wrong. 

"It's Jack, I think he is about to have a nightmare, but since it's occurring by memory....I can't stop it." Pitch says sadly. He runs his hands through Jack's hair, hoping to at least drive the nightmare away.  

North and Bunny mentally prepare themselves for the nightmare that's about to plague Jack. 

First, It started with a twitch. Then, Jack tossed and turned a few times. Finally, the noises started. Jack was whimpering and whining. Pitch and Tooth were beside him, trying to comfort him. He was full blown crying now, that alerted Bunny and North. They both ran over to the couch Jack was laying on. Sandy had gotten close as well, but he knew he couldn't help.  

"NO! PAPA, PLEASE DON'T! I DIDN'T MEAN TO!" screams Jack. The yetis and elves stop working. Time stops in the workshop, no one moves, no one speaks, they just sit. Jack is tossing and turning, and North makes a decision. He knows Jack is probably about to go nuts with this idea, but he can't risk Jack hurting himself. North grabs Jack and pulls him close. Just as expected, Jack went nuts. 

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO! PLEASE DON'T TAKE ME TO THE BASEMENT!" Jack screams. Everyone goes pale, Jack was beaten this bad! No kid should ever scream about this!

"Jack, wake up! JACK!" North yells. 

Jack wakes up, he looks around to see the people he has grown to love. He begins to cry, but not into his hands. He cries into North's shoulder. He grips Bunny's paw like it's his lifeline. Jack's feet are touching both Tooth and Pitch. Sandy has his hand in his hair. They let him because, they need it too.  

After about 2-3 hours, Jack stops crying, but he is exhausted. When his looks around, he sees his family watching him. Jack thinks long and hard before he speaks, but when he does. He doesn't understand the impact the words are about to have on North.

"He never held me like this, when I cried... he would dump me somewhere else. He never took care of me. Thank you for being a better father than him." 

Bunny smiles. His little brother finally admitted that North was the father of their little rag tag group. 

North is glowing, Jack practically named him his father! He has never been this happy. 

Tooth is happy and sad at the same time. She is so happy for North, but does Jack consider her the mother? If so, when will he admit it? 

Pitch and Sandy share a knowing glance. Jack is opening up, that just makes them smile wider.

"I'm going to take him to bed." says North. The others stay in the room, gossiping about the moment just shared. As North was tucking him in, Jack woke up a little. He grabs North's sleeve as he goes to leave, "Please stay, I-I'm scared." Jack whispers. North smiles, he knows that was hard for Jack to admit. "Sure son, I'll stay." The bed practically eats Jack every time he gets in it. So, when North lays down beside Jack, it's not awkward. He is just a father protecting his son from the dangers of his memories. 

The biggest question running through everyone's mind is...

What else did Jack go through growing up?