The Little Moments - Tooth

here is the next chapter in "The Little Moments" series. this was a request sent in as the ideas of little moments shared between Jack and each of the guardians. As promised, every Saturday will now be the days I update. Next will be North!

---------------------------

Tooth

Jack was sitting on a tree branch in Burgess with his hands playing with staff. It had been a few days since he had seen Sandy. He didn't want to sneak away but he really wasn't ready to see the others. Jack knew that they didn't think differently of him, that they still loved and cared for him. But it was him who felt differently about himself. He hadn't been the same since he watched his memories all the way through. Jack knew that they were there for him when he returned but for right now he could-

"Jack?" He jumped at the sudden sound of Tooth's voice. She was hovering beside him at the end of the branch. It was a surprise to see her out in the field, collecting the teeth herself. But he knew ever since the battle she had become more willing to go out. 

"Hey, Tooth. What are you doing out here?" 

Jack looked different. Tooth didn't like the tiredness in his eyes. Her and Sandy had met up yesterday over Russia while both doing their jobs and he had told her about Jack. She flew closer to him, sitting on the branch with him looking over Burgess. 

"How have you been, Jack?" He sent a small glare to her. She had skipped over his question. Sandy had definitely spread the word. It wouldn't be long before everyone else would be coming to find him. Jack just turned to look out to Burgess. He didn't want to talk. He was being a child with ignoring them, he knew that. 

Tooth played with her hands in her lap as she thought of something to do. Sandy had said he had finally got him to talk a little bit but she knew her sweet tooth had done enough talking. It was time to try something else. She tapped her fingers on her thigh as she thought. What could she do to make Jack find his center again? Because it was obvious he hadn't had fun in the past few days. Her eyes went around the area, all she was seeing was snow, houses, and random backyard items...That was it!

Jack felt Tooth fly away from the branch making him bow his head. Great. He had pushed her away. Now, she was probably going to tell everyone he had refused to speak with him and then they would all come an-

"GOTCHA" A snowball hit the side of Jack's face making him fall off the branch he was on. His staff flew beside him. He looked up to see Tooth tossing a snowball in her hand. Beside her, a small group of her little helpers with smaller snow balls flying beside her. A rare smirk covered her face as she tossed her snow ball. 

"What are you waiting for, Jack? Afraid you'll lose this snow ball fight?" 

Lose? A snowball fight? He stood up, brushing the snow off his jacket. As his head came up, a mirroring smirk matching Tooth's was in his face. He leaned down making his own snowball. 

"You're going down." Baby Tooth was the first to throw, her small snowball landing above Jack's eye causing all the other little helpers to start throwing. Snowballs were thrown all around. Jack was looking around and seeing more fairies somehow. She had called in more? He couldn't think about it though. There was snowballs coming from every direction. He was making sure not to throw at the little ones, only aiming for Tooth. 

Their laughter filled the air as snowballs were being thrown around the area. The mini's loud squeaks and small laughs with them. Jack and Tooth were staying on the ground, which was rare since they both flew all of the time. The baby fairies threw their small snowballs at him aiming for the sides of his face.