Resting

Hello to the ones who are reading, I'm really really really sorry I haven't updated in so long. I'm starting school and college on virtual and it's been a job getting it all together. I know I've probably lost a lot of readers. I hope y'all enjoy this chapter I've had on hold. It is short and random but I hope it's good. This will be a different one-shot, it is not apart of the Jack's Past. Vote, comment, and share! 

Jack had never seen Bunny take a nap. He had come to the Warren because it was 2 weeks after Easter and no one had seen Aster since then. He didn't expect to find Aster curled up in the field knocked out in what seems to be a coma. He could've assumed that he was dead if he didn't see him breathing. 

He walked up, standing by the rabbit completely surprised that he didn't wake up with him standing beside him. Jack smiled lifting his staff, he poked Bunny. He frowned when that didn't work. 

"Bunny. Bunnyyyyy." He said as he poked the rabbit. Jack stopped poking at this point. He started jabbing him. 

A grunt came out of Aster, he slowly peeled his eyes opened. He turned slowly, stretching every limb out. He felt something jab him in the side, and hissed with the dull pain. Aster looked up, seeing the ice elf standing over him with a giant smirk. 

"Wakey wakey, you over grown garden rat." He sang. Bunny frowned groaning. 

"Who the hell are you calling garden rat, ice elf?" Aster groaned. The sleep was trying to take him back to his wonderful dream. He needed to go back to sleep, it was the only place he could see his parents, his siblings. Bunny turned over trying to ignore Jack. He never wanted to ignore Jack again, but right now he needed to go back to his sleep. 

Jack frowned. Bunny was ignoring him. He titled his head like a lost puppy. He thought back to a conversation he had with Bunny one day about the after Easter sleep. 

----------

They were painting eggs in the clearing next to the dye river. Jack was covered in paint, but his eggs looked as good as they could get. He tried watching Bunny as best as he could with the designs. 

"Bunny, I can't get this right."  He was upset because he had seen this pattern on some of the special eggs in the burrow. 

When Aster looked up and noticed what design Jack was trying, he smiled. Jack had been trying so hard lately to be in Bunny's past. He cleaned other burrow rooms, he looked through Bunny's old books from the Pooka's that Bunny had kept in the living room. 

"It's perfect, Jackie. You're doing just fine." Jack smiled. 

"You know Jack, I really appreciate you helping." 

"Really now? Thought I was just the ice imp who froze everything?" 

"Watch it, Frostbite."

A smirk came up on both of their faces. 

"After Easter, I'll be busy for a while so you're gonna have to be annoying North or Sandy for the next few weeks." 

"What will you be doing?" Jack frowned. He didn't understand. Why would Bunny disappear after Easter?

"I have to get my energy back after Easter, Jack. I may be a rabbit, but I'm not the energizer rabbit." Bunny shook his head, as Jack snorted. 

"I have to basically hibernate. It gives me my energy back, and I also dream while in it. It gives me peace so I can sleep. Soon enough I'll be fully of energy and welcomed to your annoying ways." 

Jack looked over at Bunny, "Do you dream about your past?" 

"Yeah, kit. Yeah I do."

----------

Jack looked down at Bunny, realizing he just woke him up from a past dream. He didn't wanna leave Bunny alone, he felt uneasy about it. There wasn't any enemy's around lately but Bunny was to out of it to sense if anything was around. 

So Jack sat down beside the rabbit, and got comfortable. 

Bunny frowned, he opened his eyes looking beside him at Jack, who was sitting up beside him looking at the Warren sky. 

"Kit, what are you doing?" Bunny asked in a sleep filled voice. He didn't understand. The kit usually has snow to spread. 

"When I rest after a snow storm and I'm to tired to do anything, you sit by me and show me I'm not alone. Well, you're sitting here sleeping and I know you're dreaming of your...past so I just I don't want to uh-" 

Jack stopped talking, his face burning blushing. He turned away.

"Jackie, you're fine. But if I'm sleeping so are you, North told me you have been dealing with a blizzard for the past week in Russia."

Jack rolled his eyes, always North tattling on him to Bunny. How do they even have time to talk about him? 

"Lay down kit. Now." 

Jack rolled his eyes but rested down anyways. He liked the stars, he watched the sky every time he was here. 

He looked over and Bunny was already asleep again. 

Jack laughed softly, two damaged people resting because they are to tired from their jobs and dreaming of their past life with their past family. 

And then they rested.