Thunderstorm

This will be in Bunny/Jack father son love.  Enjoy!

    It started out as a nice day. The Guardians were all in the Warren helping Bunny with the upcoming Easter. So far, the gardens were clean, half of the eggs were done for today, and no one had been seriously injured. The Warren was becoming prepared for Easter each and every day. That is...until it began to refresh. Bunny had totally forgot about the yearly thunderstorm that came to water the ecosystem. 

   "Oi! Frostbite come on!" I yelled. I watched as Jack jumped from his tree branch to join us for lunch. Tooth had taken place beside North around the picnic blanket Sandy brought. Pitch was here to, sitting beside Sandy and Jack. I took my place in between Jack and North. 

 "Everything went good today guys, thank you for the help." I said. It wasn't many times I got help here in the Warren. Everyone smiled and said their your welcomes. Even though everyone was happy, I couldn't help but feel like something was gonna happen. I guess this is what North means by "In my belly".  As I ate my salad, I slowly observed everyone around me. On my left, North was eating his turkey sandwich and his chips, while Tooth was eating her yogurt with the fruit mixed in. Sandy and Pitch were eating the same thing, a ham sandwich with mayo. Jack was the oddball, he ate a Nutella sandwich with a marshmellow paste. As we ate, it was like a big family dinner. 

That is, until the thunder rolled in the far side of the Warren. I saw Jack jump in the corner of my eye while the rest of us just turned towards the sound. 

"Looks like the April shower is coming early this year." Tooth says turning towards me. I nodded.   "Yeah it does, guess we better head to the Burrow. No one can leave until this stops." 

"W-wait what?" Jack questions. The fear in his eyes was present, he no longer hid his emotions from us. I became worried immediately, Jack was not afraid of much. Before I could speak, Pitch beat me to it. 

"Don't worry Jack, it's just a thunderstorm. We will be right here with you." he said putting a hand on Jack's shoulder. Pitch looked at the rest of them, the look saying it all. 

Jack was afraid of thunderstorms. 

In the Burrow: Third Person POV 

They had all the just arrived to the Burrow right on time, the storm flooding the area right as the door shut. 

"We made it right on time." North said with a tight smile, every now and then glancing at Jack. 

Sandy was standing beside him, watching Jack's face. He found what he was looking for immediately. Fear. Pure fear. Sandy concluded that something must've happened to make Jack this scared of a thunderstorm. He glanced at Pitch, silently asking him what happened. That's when it happened, the clap of thunder that set everything off. 

"AH!" Jack screamed, throwing his hands to his head, jumping back. He slammed into the wall, sliding down to the floor. He couldn't breath. When he looked up, he saw a large shadow walking towards him. 

Flashback 

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? A scared little Jackie in his natural habitat... A corner." his father said laughing, towering over him. Jack whimpered, wising from him to leave, but his wishes never come true. His father reached down, grabbing his arm.

"You listen here you cry baby, just because there is a thunderstorm doesn't mean you stop your job! Now get out there and finish my garden, brat!" he said throwing Jack towards the door.      "Please! Father, I don't want to, please!"

Back in the Burrow

"Please! Father, I don't want to, please!" Jack screamed. 

Everyone froze. They knew of Jack's tortured past, but never knew the horrible depths of it. Many nightmares showed Pitch of the small bits, but not enough to help. North was the one that walked up to Jack, wanting to help. The boy was far to gone now to help...

But that didn't stop Bunny. 

"Back up mate." Bunny whispered. The Russian slowly backed up, standing beside Tooth. Bunny got on all fours, making himself as small as possible. He remembered what he did with scared children, and right now Jack was a scared child. Bunny began to crawl slowly to the trembling Winter Sprite. 

Jack watched as the giant rabbit came close. He did not recognize who it was at first, but knew that he should. Where did his father go? Jack was scared, he didn't want anymore beatings. As the whimper crawled from his throat, so did a rumbling from the giant rabbit. Jack wanted comfort, but he didn't know who these people were. 

Bunny was close, so close. He was arms reach to Jack now. The immortal child was watching him, no longer shaking. Jack's eyes watched him now, meeting his eyes. A few seconds went by when nothing could be heard but the rain and breathing. That's when the rumbling happened. Then the loud boom. 

Jack screamed. He went for the one thing he knew would keep him safe. 

Bunny only had a few seconds to realize Jack had jumped in his arms. He felt the shaking before he heard the sobs. As he tightened his hold, he looked up to meet Sandy's eyes silently asking to put the boy out. The small child then blurted out something that would stick in their minds forever, Bunny more than the others. 

"Please don't let him get me Mr. Rabbit. I don't want to be beat again." Jack whispered. Bunny looked down at the small child, wishing he hadn't. Those blue eyes were over filing with tears, his face red from so much crying, but most of all the fear in those eyes. The horrible, overwhelming fear. 

"He won't getcha kit, he won't. I promise, he won't ever get you again. You're safe with me." Bunny replied slowly rocking the small child as if he were his own. Sandy was so close to putting Jack to sleep, but before he was out fully Jack said something that made Bunny's heart grow. 

"Thank you. I wish you were my Father. You're way better than him." Jack said before falling out. Asther was shocked. Had Jack really just wished for him to be his father? No, impossible. 

"No Asther, it is not impossible. He has thought of you as a father figure way before now." Pitch said. Bunny looked up shocked, but a smile was on his face. Everyone had a smile. The two people in there rag-tag family had found their missing pieces. A man in search of a child, and a child in search of a father. 

That night Jack stayed in the Warren, sleeping in a spare room close to Bunny's. When he woke up, he remembered what he said. Jack smiled. He finally admitted it. A clap of thunder sounded again, making Jack jump. Where was he? He looked around, realizing the spare room. Jack was scared. The storm was raging. A thought crossed his mind....Now that he had admitted it, did Bunny feel the same? 

"Bunny?" a small voice whispered. The said rabbit woke up from his sleep. He felt the child beside his nest, the shaking vibrating through the blanket. 

"Get in here Snowflake." No tell him twice. Jack jumped in beside the rabbit, snuggling close finally feeling safe. The rabbit tucked him close, providing the protection that was needed. Who would've thought that the Spirit of Spring would claim the Spirit of Winter as his son? 

"Love ya Dad" Jack whispered. He fell asleep, leaving a shocked Asther awake. A smile spread across the rabbit's face.

"Love you too, kit" 

        The End