I'll Always Find You

a short late night update, a little filler chapter. I know you guys like Bunny/Jack father an son emotional moments so I'm going to give a good one I thought of today. Two moments were Jack and Bunny are there for each other once again. 

---------------------------

Jack

Jack sat on the highest rock in the Warren as he wiped the frozen tears off his face. He knew that the words they said were jokes and just playing around but it hurt him. North had laughed along with the other Seasonals at the joke, seeming to forget the worst part of his past. He knew that North could forget about the bad part of a good person's past and he knew that the visiting Seasonals didn't know.

"Jack fits into a bunny family with how much he flinches.

"Why is Jack so jumpy? You got a caffeine addiction?"

"Ha, he does not have caffeine addiction, just skittish like his father.

North didn't seem to remember at the time why he was skittish around fast moving hands or people bigger than him. It didn't help that some of those Seasonals were the ones that used to chase him. Jack couldn't help but feel useless as he couldn't stop crying. What kind of Guardian was he if he couldn't move on from what happened to him? 

He heard something jump up behind him that made him stop breathing. There was something sneaking up on him. He used the new speed he had found in training with Bunny to try to whip around and hit the person. Aster wasn't shocked when Jack used the technique he taught him to surprise the attacker, he was able to grab the staff before it knocked his face off. 

What did surprise him was when he did grab the staff and hold his arm out, Jack fell to the ground and curled into a ball. His ears went back at the whimpers and the quiet "please don't" that came from his kit. He slowly lowered himself down to make himself the same height as Jack, placing the staff beside his legs. 

Aster was livid. It had been going so well since they all know of Jack's past. He hadn't relapsed into his past memories once since then. Whoever put Jack back into his own head was going to have an earful from him and possibly more depending on the person. He took in a slow breath to calm himself before focusing back on Jack. 

"Jackie." He frowned as he watched the boy flinch just at the sound of his voice. He slowly moved closer as he kept an eye on his body language. Right now he just sat in a defense position to protect himself. There was no sign of him getting ready to bolt. He leaned forward, placing a hand on Jack's hair softly petting the hair. It took a minute before Jack shook and let out a soft breath. He slowly looked up at his father. 

"H-how did you find me? I hid back here for a reason." Bunny smiled softly before leaning forward and nudging his nose against his kit's forehead. His son leaned into him as he pulled him close letting his instincts take over and a purr go through him. 

"I'll always find you, kit.

--------------------------------

Bunny

It wasn't often that Aster hid somewhere in the world but today was different. It was the anniversary of his people's death. He hadn't done this in a long time, hide the day away, but something Tooth said brought his mind back to the times they were alive. He missed his family but tried to keep them in the back of his mind so he wouldn't fall back into a depressive state. Tooth just had to say something. 

He stared out at the sun covered skyline in front of him, sitting on a mountain somewhere in between the American states of North Carolina and Georgia. The memories he didn't want coming back had been surfacing since Tooth  His ears went back at a short memory of his family that came to the front his mind, not being able to stop it. 

--------------------------

"Aster, sit down! How do you have this much energy after this whole day?" His mother laughed as he ran another circle around her and his father. He was around eight years old as he jumped around, giggling and trying to keep out of reach. His father finally reached out grabbing him making him squeal. 

"Aster, look." He looked at what his father was pointing to, the sun was setting but the moon was showing at the same time. It was a very rare occurrence. He remembered hearing it being called an Eclipse. The sun and moon meeting in the middle, covering the sunlight. He watched as the two got closer and closer. 

"Do you want to hear a story?" He nodded with excitement. The woman who asked the question sat down beside him with her husband next to her. The five of them sat comfortably as the woman held the sleeping daughter. 

"Some stories say that the sun and moon are the longest lasting love story to this day, the saddest one. Two lovers forever cursed to only glimpse each other each day. There is only rare moments were they can be together but it's not for long. The sun and moon have been only at arms reach with each other since the beginning of time." 

He watched in amazement as the moon and sun combined creating the eclipse. He turned to the woman who saw as an aunt, 

"So they are seeing each other now, they are reuniting?" He said hopefully. He wanted the two lovers to be happy and be seen. 

"Yes, but only for a little while. We celebrate and watch as they meet because it is very beautiful. You will see this happen again one day." He looked back up to them with hope filled eyes. He held great hope the two of them were having happiness. 

---------------------------

The slight breeze of colder air brushed against his back, bringing him out of the memory. He looked up to see that the eclipse he was coming to watch almost happened without him realizing it. His ears picked up the sound of something behind him. He didn't recognize the breeze because his senses were still in the memory. He tensed, ready to attack, when the small voice broke him out

"Dad? Are you okay?" He glanced up to see Jack looking at him with a child like innocence only the winter spirit could posses. Aster sighed, bringing a paw to run over his face as he turned back to see the eclipse almost near as it would only be another few minutes. He turned to see his kit had gotten closer with shuffling his feet. He knew Jack was hesitant when it came to pressing his emotions. 

He thought on it for a second. He missed his people, his tribe, his family but as he turned to look at the shuffling winter spirit he had claimed as his child the pain of his lost family was dull. Jack was his son, there was no doubt on that anymore. He reached an arm out to show an innovation of a hug. Jack quickly took it as he sat down against his father's side, Bunny took a deep breath before taking someone's place from his past.

"Do you want to hear a story, kit?" Jack nodded in excitement. Bunny told the story once told to him and watched as Jack reacted just as he did back then. They watched the event happen both stuck in their minds, Bunny in his past and Jack wondering what was wrong with his father. 

"Kit?" Jack turned to see Bunny looking at him in curiosity. The boy had asked the wind to track his father and traveled once he had it. Jack just smiled at his father, 

"I'll always find you, Dad.

-----------------------------

did anyone like the cute parallel?