Forgotten Fear

This is a request from @Sharpshooter_200, let's bring back the Thunderstorm chapter, shall we? Jack has a bad nightmare from his past and the very next day, a large thunderstorm happens in the Warren. The only ones who know of the fear are the Guardians. Jack hides away this time and only one of his family members is there. How will he help him? 

this is going to be a bonding chapter between Jack and one of his uncles :)

-----------------------

**Dream**

"Hide, Jack. You have to hide." He shook his head at his mother as she tried to push him into the hole in the wall. It was one he was big enough to stay in now as she tried to help him in. He needed to protect her! She was already hit to many times. 

"No, Mama! You need me to help."  He was trying to be brave but a new loud noise made him shrink into the hole. He looked at her with wide eyes as she covered the hole with the piece of wood and curtain. 

"I'll be back, I promise."  He whined softly as he curled up into a ball. There was a small hole that he watched out of as the man came in and immediately started yelling. His mom yelled back as the argument started. Jack closed his eyes as he covered his ears, blocking out the sounds of the loud yells and hits. 

"Where is he? Jack! JACKSON! Get out here now!" Jack shook his head as he rocked back and forth. His mom told him not to move so he wasn't going to move. He heard the boots getting closer as the wall was taken down, his arm snatched. Jack covered himself as he blocked the hits. A new voice joined the yelling but not the fighting.

"Jackie! Jack, you gotta wake up!" The man held his arms down as he struggled to get up but tried focusing on the voice. It was one he knew but couldn't really place. 

"Come on! You gotta wake up."  Jack shook his head as he fought against whatever was holding him down. He felt like he knew the voice that was yelling at him but was to focused on trying to get away. 

"Kit, you're safe. You're safe, it's okay." Kit. He focused on that as an image of a rabbit replaced the man holding him down. It was a memory of him and this rabbit playing as he was playing tag. It was Bunny. Jack started to calm himself down as he realized this was all a nightmare. Just a nightmare that he couldn't get out of. 

Jack couldn't help but see the hit coming for his face as he screamed trying to get away.

**Awake**

He woke up screaming as he tried to fight away the hands holding him down. It took him a minute to listen to the voices near him as they tried to calm him down. He couldn't catch a breath as he opened his eyes to realize he had been crying for what felt like a long time if his heavy eyes didn't answer. He was met with bright green eyes as his father sat in front of him, his head being held in his father's paws. 

He turned his head a little to see it was Ares holding him from behind as he tried to keep him from hurting anyone else or himself. Eleanor and Lilly sat on either side of him as they waited for their turn to comfort him. Ridley and Liam had backed away when Jack's eyes had opened as they shuffled back and forth. None of them aside from Aster had seen one of Jack's bad nightmares. 

"It's alright, kit. You're okay." Jack jumped forward as he clung to Bunny. It had been a long time since he had a nightmare like that. He could feel himself shaking as his Dad just rubbed his chin all over his head in a calming motion before nudging the side of his head with his nose. The rumbling purr made him start to slowly relax as he came to. 

Jack had fallen asleep in the fields while Eleanor played with his hair. They had all just been sitting around, enjoying the Warren sun and air when Jack had started to twitch in his sleep. Jack had kicked out as he tried to fight off something in his sleep and almost hit Eleanor hard. Ares had taken to wrapping his arms around him in a back hug as Aster tried to wake him up.