Sketching

this is a request from @Angie04005 ! this is a short & sweet chapter, in my opinion some chapters don't need a lot to be special if that makes sense. 

Eleanor and Lilly find a sketchbook full of drawings that don't belong to Aster while snooping, but have almost more skill than the Easter bunny himself. They find out it belongs to Jack and asks him to draw for them. Will he? 

----------------------

flashback: the 7th month of Jack's sleep

"Aster, why is this room so cluttered?" 

"Oh god, please leave it be. Stop nesting in my house. Go to yours." 

"Aster, be nice. She's right look at this mess." 

Bunny groaned, pulling at his ears as he watched his mother kneeling down beside boxes in one of his back room. Lilly stood a little ways away moving some of the boxes aside to look through. This wasn't a room he had blocked off, it was just a small storage room where him and Jack would just put things in sometimes. He had blocked some rooms, one's that him and Jack hid things in that were special. 

"Sweetheart, is this yours? I've never seen you design something like this?" Bunny frowned, his nose twitching as him and Lilly moved over to Eleanor to see what she found. He looked at a sketchbook that had an engraving of a snowflake on the cover. He quickly reached forward, snatching it away making his mother and Lilly gasp. 

"Aster! I taught you a long time ago not to snatch." He huffed as he just brushed off the cover to make sure everything was fine. This was one of Jack's sketchbooks. He didn't realize the boy had hid them in here but then he thought about how no one ever came back here but the two of them. He didn't see the looks the women were giving him as he went into his own head of remembering Jack drawing. 

Eleanor looked over at Lilly as her ears slowly folded down with sadness as she realized this must be something of Jack's. He only reacted like this to that. She looked back down in the box to see two more books with a snowflake engraving. She really couldn't help herself as she pulled the cover back, a gasp leaving her at the skill in the drawing. 

"Mother! Can't you see I didn't want you to touch it? Why would yo-" He cut off as he saw the drawing was detailed pictures of Jack's special snowflakes. These snowflakes had special meanings to them. He knew Jack was working on ones that symbolized the other Guardians, but the boy never asked for help. Jack always wanted to try new things and try to learn them on his own the first time. Aster knew Jack had an artist hand. 

"Please, just leave me be in here." Both women bowed their heads as they left. They didn't mean to upset him but knew that Aster was still new to them being back and was new to Jack really being gone. 

Eleanor walked down the hall as her and Lilly made it to the kitchen, giving Aster space and time. She tapped her fingers on the table as she thought about the drawings. Jack was gifted, extremely, just like Aster. It was amazing how no one had ever let Jack really let his art out anywhere or why his art wasn't anywhere on the walls in the Warren. 

"When Jack wakes up, we need to get him to draw." Eleanor nodded at Lilly, they really did. The second Warren needed art on the walls and she wanted it to be Jack that decorated it. 

-----------------------

present time

Jack sat near the opening of the tunnels as he snuck one of his sketchbooks out. He sat on the high rock beside the opening as he looked out at the Warren. Jack frowned as he erased a line that he messed up before glancing back up again towards the big tree. He was trying to draw the biggest tree in the Warren where the burrow was settled at the bottom of the tree. He had drawn all the snowflakes and people that he could so he was trying to move on to something else.