Holding on, and Letting go

Told in 3rd person. Sorry I haven't updated in so long I honestly haven't been on any type of reading websites in a longgg time, but i'm back so I hope y'all who read this enjoy! 

In the Warren, there is more to it than just eggs, colors, and hills. E. Aster Bunnymund is more than just the Easter Bunny. He is the last of his race, taken down by the Nightmare King and the fearlings. He was the last one. Aster knows what it feels like to be alone. He was alone for a long, long time, even after he met the other guardians. He still didn't feel at home, he couldn't let go of his past. But just like every other guardians lives, a certain white haired child will change that. 

"Bunny..." 

"Bunnyyyyy..." 

"Bunnyyyyyyy..." 

"WHAT?"

"Hi." 

Bunny and Jack were in the Warren painting eggs. Correction. Bunny was painting eggs, Jack was being annoying. Easter had already come and gone, the holiday going the best it has in years. Jack was worried for Aster, even with the holiday past the pooka wasn't taking a break. He had asked North why Bunny insisted on continuing his eggs even if he had all the rest of the year to do it. 

One week ago

"I don't get it North. He has free time, loads of it. He doesn't even have to start new eggs until like January." Jack asked sitting in North's office. "Every time I go in the Warren now, even with Easter gone, he is still painting and counting and gardening." North looked up from his newest ice sculpture to look at the boy. Everyone knew why Bunny kept his work constantly going. Just like everyone knew why Jack always played pranks. It was a distraction from the loneliness, from the pain. 

North looked back down smiling, wondering how out of everyone Jack and Bunny would be the most alike. The two always arguing, fighting against each other, but being closer than humanly possible. "It is long story Jack, Aster has never taken break. Ever since meeting him, he has always been extremely busy. Never takes free time. The only time he takes break is for the Guardian meetings." Jack frowned. Even during the meetings, Bunny was always painting an egg. Never stopping. He twirled his staff in his hands, thinking. Jack finally looked at North who made eye contact once more. "I know the story of his family North, Pitch told me. Is that why he is always busy?" North once again smiled. Jack was very young spirit, forever stuck as a child. But 300 years alone can make the youngest one of the smartest. "We do not know Jack. We never ask. Is touchy subject with Bunny, you know his temper." Jack was familiar with blocking out being alone, but ever since becoming a guardian he didn't ever want to feel it again. He felt whole with everyone. "But does Bunny?" He thought. He jumped off North's desk. "I gotta go North, I'll see you on Friday for the meeting." North shook his head watching the boy fly off until he was just a speck in the sky. He looked at the skylight, up at Manny, "Was this something you planned too, old friend? Did you expect Jack to open us all up into something more?" But all the moon did was look back. 

Present time

Jack looked back at Bunny, watching focus back on the egg like it was the last thing on Earth. He looked around at the Warren taking in every detail, the designs on the egg golems, the sky of the Warren, the gardens, the rivers and streams. His gaze focusing on the biggest tree in the Warren. At the base, was a door, leading into Bunny's burrow. Jack had only been in there once. He saw the small kitchen, the table, and the hallway leading to the bedrooms. He hadn't really thought about it, how there was more than one room in the burrow. 

Then it clicked. 

This wasn't just Bunny's home, this wasn't just the Warren. This is where Bunny's family was supposed to be. His family was supposed to be here with him. Jack looked back at the Pooka, the strong warrior rabbit, master of ti-chi, and one of the strongest people he knew. Finally realizing why the kangaroo was so uptight and working. Jack remembered when Bunny took him to his sister's grave, making him realize he had to let go. But the rabbit hasn't even let go himself. He is just like Jack, blaming himself for the deaths and for the past.