We Promise

3rd Person. I don't own Rise of the Guardians. Abuse in the beginning 

 Memories:

Jackson Overland was hiding. He was scared, his father had come home. Jack knew what would happen once Mother said what he had done today. A shadow moved infront of the closet door, Jack's breath hitched. The door slammed open, a scream slipped out of him. He looked up at the sinister man standing over him. The large hand came down, grabbing little Jack's hair, dragging him out of the closet. He knew he couldn't take the beating, not tonight. 

When he was let go, he ran. Jack ran out of the house, into the woods, never stopping. He didn't stop until he came to the Cliff of Burgess. There he stopped, and there his little 10 year old mind worked and thought. He knew that falling off here would end everything...Maybe that's what he wanted. 

"Don't" a voice said from behind him. He whipped around to see 4 people. One was a man, red hair, black eyes, very tall. The next was a woman blonde hair, pink eyes, short. The next was another woman, black hair, yellow eyes, medium size. The last one wasn't even human, it looked like a giant rabbit. Jack's eyes filled with tears. 

"W-who are you?" Jack whispered. 

"My name is Xander, this is Marie, that is Cora, and he is Asther. Who are you, young one?" asked the man named Xander. 

"I'm Jack." he whispered. All  4 of them were coming closer, but he wasn't scared. Marie leaned down to pick him up, Cora stared into his eyes. 

"What are you doing so close to this cliff Jack?" she asked quietly. Jack shook his head no longer wanting to talk. The four strange people took him home, realizing quickly why he ran away. Right when he came to through the door, the man started the beating. All 4 of the strangers shed tears for the little boy they just put on the chopping block. 

Real Time:

Jack Frost sat on the edge of the Cliff of Burgess. He knew who those strangers where now. Xander, the leader of Summer, the spirit of Heat. Marie, the leader of Spring, the spirit of Life. Cora, the Leader of Fall, the spirit of Autumn. E. Asther Bunnymund, the Easter Bunny, Guardian of Hope. They knew him back in his human years. He knew they didn't know that was him, but he would show them. It would be a shock how he would show them but he would, the problem was he knew other people were with them. Jack stood at the edge look at the never-ending bottom. 

"Don't" said a voice from behind him. He had a new jacket on so they didn't know it was him. "Come on kid, step away." Bunny said. Jack figured he should just keep going, just like it did 300 years ago. 

"W-who are you?" Jack whispered, making sure not to show his face. 

"My name is Xander, this is Marie, that is Cora, and that is Asther. Who are you, young one?" Jack smiled from underneath his hood. 

"I'm Jack" he whispered as he dropped the hood. All of them gasped. 

"You...You were the boy?" Xander whispered. Jack gave a sad smile. He knew that this would kill them. 

"Yeah I was." That was when everyone jumped on them in a hug. He smiled, hugging back. He knew that they would feel guilty, and he made sure to shut that down quickly.

"It's okay guys. I am okay now. I have great siblings now, a great family. I'm not hurting now." Jack whispered. 

"You never will again." Bunny suddenly said. "You have us." Marie put in. "You wont ever be in pain." Cora whispered. "No one will ever hurt you again." Xander added. 

All of them joined in at the same time to utter the last two words that would make Jack cry. 

"We promise."