Sick Day

GUYS I AM SO SORRY! I forgot about the update yesterday, I went on a trip to see my brother and got home very late. this was a request sent in by @HeavenPoissant who suggested more Jack and Bunny chapters. So if anyone wants to send in some ideas for Bunny and Jack, comment them down! Also, I'd like to mention that I do have another ongoing story, "Everyone Needs a Safe Place" for Miraculous, y'all should go check that out :) also, there is another thing I have but I'll say it at the end so this introduction isn't so long. 

--------------------------------

It stared with a light fever. 

Jack had never really been hot unless he refused to leave somewhere that was becoming Summer. He had some interactions with some summer spirits that made the air hot around him when they would start fights but that was it. He wiped at his forehead that had a light coat of cold sweat on it. It confused him because he was flying over Canada giving snow. There was literally snow on him. 

He stared at his hand that had the light sweat on it, wondering what this could mean. He had been having power surges since gaining more believers. That was a rough one considering it only took one wrong emotion and wherever he was it would snow. North was not happy about his globe room, and Jack ran off. He didn't like a mad North. 

"It'll be fine. It's just another surge." Jack flew off to finish his job. All of Canada and some parts of the United States needed snow by tomorrow, he had a lot of work to do. North had been getting on to him for the afternoon about working to much but there was nothing he could do, he had to work. They didn't understand because they only fully worked on one night a year. 

Jack may have been the Guardian of Fun and carried most of the humor of the group but he did have a job. They tried to tell him he needed to rest but he couldn't. He had been doing this for 300 hundred years now, there was no reason to stop now. If anything he had to do more so the kids would keep believing. 

He had to keep moving, he could worry about the light bit of sweat later. 

------------------------------

Jack's hands shaking was his next clue that something was up. He had finished Canada was heading over to New York to start the United States. He hovered in the air watching his hands shake slightly. The light sweat on his forehead was still there and now the shaky hands. He opened and closed his left hand since his right was holding his staff to realize that his hands were now slightly sweaty too. 

"Power surge, it's gotta be." Jack whispered to himself. He didn't get sick. He was immortal, an immortal didn't get sick. That was crazy. And technically, he was dead. Being sick was out of the question. Jack checked himself over quickly to make sure he didn't have injuries that may be numb that could cause him to be like this. There was none. 

Jack looked around at the snow around him to see that it looked slightly dull. It was supposed to be pure snow, with fluff and pretty snowflakes. It fell sluggishly and slowly. He waved his staff and then the snow fell faster like it was supposed to and that made him smile. See? There was nothing wrong. He was just a little tired. 

He looked down at the bright lights of New York. It was always so busy here even at night. It amazed him that no one every stopped moving here, the road always had people. In other towns, it was so quiet at night. Jack watched for a while, the cars moving, people walking along the side walks, some drunk teens stumbling around. He wondered for a second what it would be like to get drunk.

"The snow must be falling good." Jack said to himself as he saw the lights get slightly blurry. That's only reason his vision would become blurry, had to be the explanation. Jack didn't get sick. He was immortal. The staff in his hands shook but Jack ignored it. The wind was surrounding him, whispering to him.