The Ending

jack returns to burgess today, how do you think this is going to go? 

----------------------------

Saturday

Jack sat on the branch above his lake. The ice was at his stomach now, in any other circumstance he would think this is funny. It was like a dark blue ice blanket. He poked at the barrier near it turning it a bright color despite the dark. He wondered where his spirit friends were since none had showed up today. Was it because he said today was his day? 

He jumped off, landing on the water he hadn't been on in so long. It had to have been at least five years since he had been here. Jack didn't trust tapping on his staff on the ice. His power was to much now. His wind brushed against his hair with a silent message. He smiled as it picked him up on it's own, he wondered what his wind would do without him here. Would it still move or would it go dormant?

"Alright, alright. I'm going." The wind picked him up, taking him into town. It was time to go see the town. It wasn't that much different after all these years. There were some stores that had changed or been sold out. He had noticed Burgess was one of the few in this country that wouldn't change. It was like an immortal town. He laughed as he landed on the town statue that still stood. 

The little kids ran around the newly extended playground. It was fall now, him being here was chilling the air but not much. The children all ran around making him laughing as he watched some of them tackle each other. A laugh made him turn, a little girl with bright brown hair and brown eyes were running around. He felt like he recognized her somehow. 

He grew tense as the girl turned to him, looking straight at him. He legitimately froze when the girl started pointing at him. The other kids around her looked confused as she ran through the area to get to him. He quickly jumped down and behind the statue so if she did really follow him the other kids wouldn't see her and then go for her. There wasn't many in Burgess who still believed in him. 

"It's you! It's you! It's you! You're Jack!" The girl was jumping up and down in front of him. The voice, the hair, the eyes. His breath caught when standing in front of him was the twin of Jamie Bennett. She was holding her hands clasped together in front of her, still jumping slightly up and down. He couldn't tell her age, but she looked around ten or twelve. 

"Um...yeah? I'm Jack. who are you?" She opened her mouth to say something but seemed to change her mind as she reached forward. He back away, running back trying to get away from her so she wouldn't touch him. When her hand wrapped around his, nothing happened. She pulled him across the playground to head towards the parking lot. 

"Dad! Dad! Look I found him!" He didn't understand what was happening. Jack looked up to find his breath once again gone as he met the eyes of a grown up Jamie Bennett. The older boy's eyes went wide at the sight of his immortal bestfriend. Jamie was shocked at the sight of Jack and how much he had changed. This must have been why the moon made Jack's picture glow. 

He didn't look right, he looked down at the ice growing along Jack's legs, how his eyes and hair were glowing way to bright to be normal. Jamie understood whatever this is was bad. The look in Jack's eye proved that. He felt Pippa come up beside him and heard her gasp. The sight was one to see but it wasn't the subject at hand he could tell that Jack was trying to ignore it. He noticed the look from when he was younger. 

"Well, I'm glad you found him, Jackie. Jack, meet Jackie, my daughter. We are heading to get some coffee, do you want to come?" Pippa took over the conversation by inviting Jack for coffee, to which Jack didn't really know what to do. He looked between his old friends and then the one holding his hand, the little girl who held his hand with a big smile. Jack cleared his throat before nodding. He walked a little closer to Jamie before giving a small smile,