Jack's Past pt. 3

Update is here guys! I hope y'all like it, vote comment and share!

Real Life- Memories 

Previously:

"You'll never be treated like that again Jack. We will protect you, always and forever." said Pitch, everyone nodded agreeing. Jack looked up with his bright blue tear filled eyes. 

"Promise?" he whispered with innocence only a child could posses. 

"We promise snowflake, we promise" Bunny whispered. 

A new memory started, 

Emily was standing at the old coal oven, cooking a surprise for Jack. The little boy was sitting on the floor playing with the old wooden carvings. He never knew where they came from or who they came from, all he knew was when Joey came home he needed to hide them. 

The Guardians noticed he looked older. Instead of looking 4 or 5, he now looked 6 or 7. Only thing that hadn't changed was the fact that both Emily and Jack still had evidence of abuse. Emily was wear a short sleeved shirt, showing hand prints on her arm. Jack had a little loose white shirt on. He didn't have anything on his arms, all he had was a bruised face. Like he had been slapped. 

A knock was heard at the back door. Jack jumped, his immediate reaction was to push the toys under the cabinet. Emily went to open the door, showing David on the other side. Jack's eyes widened. He wasn't supposed to be here. 

"What are you doing here David! You know what will happen!" Emily whispered. David's eyes went over her shoulder looking at Jack. His eyes filled with sadness but also anger, but not at them. The anger showed seeing the hands prints on Emily and the slap on Jack. 

"I know what could happen Em, but I would risk it to come tell my son Happy Birthday and Happy Easter considering that tomorrow." David said in a low tone. It was Easter Sunday. 

Bunny's eyes went large. 

"Your birthday is the day before Easter? Why didn't you ever tell us, mate?" Bunny said shocked, everyone else looking surprised as well. Jack looked up at him with a frown. 

"You don't need to worry about my birthday. Easter is the next day, that's what you need to focus on. Plus whats the point? I'm immortal, I haven't needed a birthday in centuries." Jack said. He had a point. The other Guardians hadn't celebrated their birthdays in centuries either. 

"We may not celebrate birthdays Sweet Tooth, but we know each others and say it. Even if it is the day before Easter, you know we will all make time for you." Tooth said. Bunny nodded agreeing, he knew he would get into a mood near Easter, focused fully on his job, but Jack's birthday? That will be a new priority on his list. 

Attention turned back on the memory hearing David continuing to speak, 

Emily went quite, she knew he was right. She looked back at Jack, seeing him watch them with wide eyes. She let David in the house. He walked over to Jack, slowly bending down in front of him. 

"Hey Jackie" he said softly. He pulled his hand from his back, a sad look crossed his face watching as Jack flinched when his hand came from his back. He held a small box, wrapped best it could be back then. 

Jack looked in shock. He hadn't gotten a present before, Mommy said the wooden carvings were a present from his 3rd birthday. He slowly took the present, looking up at David unsure if it was okay. David gave a nod an a smile. 

Jack opened box, gasping at what he saw. It was a wooden basket. Carvings of eggs on the side, his name carved on the side. It was an Easter basket!