The Little Moments - Sandy

this was a request asked by @aaliyahmv06 to do chapters were Jack has special moments with each Guardian.( I don't do romance moments between any of the Guardians). There was a special order of each guardian asked so the chapters will go: Sandy, Tooth, North, Pitch, and Bunny. Please enjoy, vote, & share with others! 

Sandy

Sandy had been flying over New York, giving dreams to the children as usual. He was settled on a cloud above the Empire State building. It gave him a clear view on the whole city from the top of the building. Even though he had been alive for centuries, some places of the world still amazed him. New York had so many lights and so much traffic with so many people always on the streets. It was the city that never sleeps. It amazed him yet annoyed him some what because of how many kids weren't sleeping. He was the sandman, giver of dreams, and yet as years go by more and more children refuse to go to sleep some nights just for the fun of it. 

The wind blew in a small snowflake flurry from the clouds with a laugh being carried across the sky. Sandy shook his head as he looked over the roof tops of the other building seeing the one and only Jack Frost jumping from building to building. He shouldn't have been surprised to see the boy, it was winter here. He watched for a while as Jack jumped around the buildings, freezing power lines, and giving small snowflake flurries as he went. A silent laugh came from him as he watched Jack slip on his own ice trying to slid down one of the taller buildings windows. 

A line of dream sand caught Jack's attention as he went by a group of apartments making him turn his head to see Sandy on his cloud. He jumped from the roof with a laugh as the wind took him to Sandy. He hadn't really seen any of the others lately, with the seasons being more difficult than usual he had been gone giving more winter. He definitely wasn't avoiding them since Manny showed his memories to them, not at all. He had missed out on the last two meetings. In all honesty, he couldn't remember the last time he slept. 

"Sandy! Long time no see, little man." Sandy shook his head with a smile at the nickname. Before he could sign back, a silent gasp came from. Jack had bags under his eyes from no sleep, his eyes dull from exhaustion. Pitch had told all of the Guardians about how he found Jack through a nightmare after he had passed out from being exhausted. Sandy quickly motioned for Jack to sit down on the cloud. 

"No, I got work to do too, Sandy. I can't stay." Jack backed away from the cloud. He couldn't sleep there was to much work to do before Christmas. He had told North he would give a good amount of snow as decoration for the holiday. He couldn't let Sandy catch him.

"Bye Sandy!" He took off, the wind nearly blowing Sandy over. A frown came over the little man's face as he watched the speck of blue fly off. He would get Jack to sleep. A plan came to mind as he flew off to a new place to continue his job. 

---------------------------

It would be two nights before Sandy finds Jack. It was over Rhode Island this time. He watched as the boy was floating above the sky line moving his staff around, giving out snow. Sandy had never really watched Jack give out snow before. He didn't really think any of them had. A serious look was on the boy's face as he watched the wind bring the snow down. Sandy watched in amazement as some areas more snow fell than a little ways away. It was like he was giving special attention to each spot. 

Two snowflakes flew towards Sandy's direction as he caught them. Each snowflake had a special design. None of them the same at all. When he looked back up at Jack, the boy had his hand out as he looked down at some of the own snow. He watched in amazement as Jack blew on the hand full of snow and then the snow in the sky changed. It was as if he had changed out the snowflakes that were being given now. 

Sandy slowly flew up beside Jack, not really wanting to scare him but trying to get close enough to get a strand of sand around him so he couldn't fly away. He wrapped a strand around Jack's wrist making him jump. 

"Sandy! I could have blasted you with ice, you realize that!" Jack snapped. A surprised look came over Sandy's face as the out burst. Jack's face turned to surprise too as if he just caught up to what he did. An exhausted sigh came out of the boy as his shoulders dropped and the other hand came up to go across his hair. 

"I'm sorry. I was just focused is all." With a roll of his eyes, Sandy pulled Jack towards the cloud. He was definitely going to make the boy sleep now with that attitude. Jack wasn't one to snap unless he was under pressure. Sandy was sure that the last time he saw Jack snap was in the fight against Pitch. 

"What's going on, Jack? You aren't resting, haven't shown up to a meeting?" Sandy signed out in sign language. Jack had come to him one day, signing to him that he had learned how to just for them to talk easier. He also added that they could talk about the other's without them knowing. Jack sighed at the question, playing with staff in his lap. 

"Jamie, Pippa, and Monty's birthday's are this month. They like snow, always have. Jamie and Pippa live in New York in those apartments you saw me on. Jamie turns thirty-three this year and Pippa will be thirty-two. Monty turns thirty-three too, he lives here in Rhode Island. I know they can't see me but..." 

Sandy laid a hand on Jack's giving him the sign that he could stop. They had all lost their first believers, the pain was a lot but it got better with more. Everyone knew that with Jamie and Jack is was different. While the other Guardians had their first believer to see them, but other's believed  in them. Jack had his first believer and first seen all in one. They knew losing Jamie was a lot but Jack had taken it better than they thought. He was quiet for the first month after but got better. 

"Also, I just...every since you all saw my memories I just, I don't know. It just is a lot to know that y'all know now. I was going to tell you. Manny didn't need to do what he did. I was going to show all of you. I'm happy that he did, I guess but still..." 

Sandy nodded, squeezing Jack's hand. He had a feeling that was one reason Jack was avoiding them. He knew what Manny had done was wrong but then again he was happy the moon had done it. Jack says he was going to show them but he knew it would take years before the boy would show them. Sandy poked at Jack's arm to get him to look at him. 

"You know, we think nothing different of you. We miss you. The meetings are very dull."

Jack caved more in himself, slouching over wrapping his arms around his knees. He couldn't help but think they did think differently. Overthinking was killing him. He yawned into his sleeve, trying to hide it from Sandy. He hadn't slept since leaving the pole that night. Jack should have known you can't hide a yawn from the Sandman. 

Sandy smiled as he watched Jack try to hide his tiredness. The boy was overthinking again, Bunny had told them all it was something that Jack would get stuck in. That he had found Jack in his room staring at a wall and he could just tell that the boy was thinking of things that were worrying him, over thinking them. 

Jack felt an itch on his nose as he crossed his eyes to look, sand fell on his face. He turned to glare at Sandy. He opened his mouth to say something when Sandy shook his head. 

"The snow is falling well Jack, I am sure Monty will appreciate it. Sleep now. Don't make me carry you to North."

"North doesn't scare me." Jack mumbled. He turned to his side to lay on the cloud but he kept his eyes open. Sandy laughed, Jack wasn't scared of North that was true. But he was scared of one person when it came to him exhausting himself. 

A sand picture of a bunny came in front of Jack's face making his glare grow on Sandy, but it was no choice as his eyes slowly closed. 

"Not cool, little man." 

Sandy smiled as he ran his fingers through Jack's hair. When he woke up, he would take Jack back to the Pole so he can rest more. But for now, Sandy turned the cloud towards the next town to spread dreams to the children of the world.

--------------------------

I'm going to start posting all the updates on Saturdays. I am a senior this year, so I am getting colleges in line to start applying. Saturdays are the only free ones I have that aren't filled with school or college. I hope everyone likes this, Tooth will be up next. I hope everyone has had a good day!