Callahan

Friday update! no context, just read :) 

----------------------------

Jack sat on one of the top pillars of the Tooth Palace. Him and Bunny spent all day yesterday talking to the point where he couldn't handle it and caused a game of tag. He had spent the night in his father's nest like a little kit. He hadn't told Bunny about seeing his mother, he had a feeling that wasn't supposed to happen. It was Monday now, he had six days to say his goodbye to everyone. He had promised to come home every night but today he would be seeing Tooth. 

He was waiting on her to get back from the field. He hadn't let any of the baby teeth see him, needing time to get his thoughts together. Tooth was someone he needed to say it too now because if he didn't it would just hurt worse. She would be the most emotional and he knew that. Once again, he was so far into his own head he didn't notice the person that had come up to him. 

"You sure do zone out a lot." He jumped turning towards the boy's voice. He couldn't help his eyes going wide at the sight of a boy with eyes that looked exactly like Tooth's. His hair was brown like his used to be, with fairy wings that were just a bit bigger than what Tooth had. His clothes looked like he was straight out of a fairy tale. Jack was going insane. 

"Yes, I am Tooth's brother." Jack nodded, not really trusting his voice. The boy settled down beside him on the pillar as they looked out at the sun rising. He was seeing dead people. The book said they would just be fading, not dying. But were these people really dead? Elenora said something about staying in between. So were these people really dead?

"I'm guessing you're here to tell me I'm fading?" The boy let out a hmm before turning to him. He just looked at him. The bright eyes that looked so much like Tooth's were so weird to look into. But he had learned a long time ago not to look away from something staring you in the eye...except for a mother animal. Then you look away. 

"Yup. My name is Callahan by the way." Jack had never heard about Callahan but then again Tooth never talked about her life before becoming a Guardian. He had a feeling there was a backstory like Bunny's that made her keep it a secret. She had told him that one day she would tell him but not right now. 

"Well, you already know my name." Callahan looked at Jack almost wondering if he could glow any brighter. The boy didn't even realize he had frozen half the pillar but he wasn't going to be the one to tell him. He had been watching Jack long before anyone else. He didn't spend his time watching his sister like the other's did their families. He wandered the world watching everyone. It was fun watching how things changed. 

"Sure do. I also know that I'm pretty sure my sister's workers have a shrine for your teeth." Jack smiled as he looked down. He didn't doubt it. The glow coming from his hands were getting brighter. He would be a star by the time Sunday came along. Callahan's wings touched his back because of how big they were. He looked at them as they were transparent just like his sister had. 

"You look a lot like Tooth." The boy nodded before Jack turned back to the sunrise. It was almost above the clouds meaning that Tooth would be back soon. He was nervous for her to see him. He figured out last night that his cold didn't spread to people as much as it did the ground or the room around him. Bunny did have to use the big blanket though. 

"You did a good thing, not telling Aster you can see Eleanor." 

"I figured that was the right thing. It would cause a lot of trouble if I told Bunny I saw his mother." 

"Yes. It would also make everyone think you're dying. Which you're not. So get that out of your head." Jack turned back to look at him to see Callahan already looking at him. He was shocked to hear that. He was sure with seeing these people that he was dying considering they were dead.