Sugar Highs and Secret Lies

This chapter is told in 3rd person

As Jack Frost slept, the Guardians were thinking about everything they ever did in the past 300 hundred years.

Bunny had in hands in his paws, trying and failing to keep the tears in. He was the Guardian of Children for moon's sake. How could he treat Jack the way he did these past years? Maybe if he hadn't said what he said to him during the Blizzard of 68. Maybe Manny should have brought or led them to Jack right when he was born.

Maybe we should go back to the start of the day.

During Breakfast: 9:30 am

Jack stumbled into the kitchen, after 3 snow storms and a blizzard, he was done. He looked through drowsy eyes around the kitchen to find Bunny eating some cereal, North eating a full course meal, Tooth with a bowl of fresh fruit, and Sandy with a steaming hot cup of something.

"Hey Sandy, what ya drinking?" Jack said with a sleepy voice. Sandy gestured to the cup in his hands, Jack nodded. Bunny looked up from his cereal, "Oi Frostbite! You wouldn't be able to handle that it's to hot." said Bunny. "Watch Me!" said Jack. Everyone knew, never ever challenge Jack Frost. Jack walked towards Sandy, grabbed the cup, cooled it down before drinking it, then drank the whole thing. After drinking it, Jack woke up much more. His eyes grew wide, "Can I have some more of...what ever that is?". North smiled, "Sure son, Have some more." Later on he would regret that decision...a lot.

30 minutes later

"Frostbite! Get your pasty white butt back here!" yelled Bunny. Jack was flying around talking a mile a minute. Tooth was trying to get all the window closed before Jack got to them, "Sweet Tooth, calm down! You need to rest." she screamed trying to get through to Jack, but nothing was cutting it. Sandy shot a rope of dream sand towards Jack, he managed to grab Jack's ankle. "Jack, you need to calm down." said North while holding Jack's shoulders. "I can't calm down. My head is fuzzy. OH! Bunnies are fuzzy too! Do you think if I brushed Bunny would he brush his hair he would become fuzzy? Fizzy sounds like Fuzzy, Fizzy Fuzzy, Fuzzy Fizzy! Hey, why am I laying down, I feel like flying. Can I fly please? I used to have a dog, his name was Rex. He liked Bunnies. Oh, where do babies come from?" That one question frozen everyone in the room. "I vill tell you after you get off dis sugar high." said North while struggling to keep Jack down. "This is gonna be a long day." said Bunny.

3 hours later

Jack had finally calm down, and by calm down I mean drowsy. He looked straight up stoned, but know one was prepared for what was to come during this time.

Bunny was carrying Jack to his room with the others in tow. When he got to the door, he turned to ask Sandy to open the door, but the little man was already on it. As he put Jack down, Jack started talking. "You guys know I lied right?" he asked. Everyone looked towards him, "What are you taking about Sweet Tooth?" asked Tooth. "I lied about being okay. I lied about being brave. I lied, and it was my secret. My lies were my secrets." said Jack. "You know, I never realized why everyone stayed away from me, but now I know. Death follows me. My dog died because I was to cold, Bunny shivers everytime I hug him. Xander, the summer spirit, can't do a bro hug without getting frostbite. I'm just bad luck. Tell Bunny I'm sorry about 68'. Tell Tooth sorry about Baby Tooth getting captured by Pitch. Tell Sandy I'm sorry about him getting shot, I could have done something. Most of all, tell North sorry about the kitchen. Tell everyone sorry." he said. Tooth, Sandy, North, Bunny, Phil, and Dingle had tears in their eyes. Bunny left with his head down, Tooth flew out in fast motion, Sandy sprinkled some sand over Jacks head before slowly floating out, and North looked at Jack before fondly pushing the hair out of his face. He slowly bent down and kissed Jacks forehead, "We'll protect you Jack. Always and Forever." he said.

Back in the present
"We failed... " said Bunny quietly. "We failed every chance he gave us." he said louder. Tooth's head fell more down into her lap. "Ve can't tell him vhat he said. Ve have to keep secret he said that. He vill not trust us if ve know that information." said North. "We'll treat him right from now on. He will be treated like family, he will be treated like my son. He'll be treated like your brother Bunny. We will treat him right this go around." said Tooth in between sobs. Everyone agreed. Right then, the door opened to show a very sleepy Jack carrying a baby blue blanket and a stuffed Bunny. No one knew were he got it. You could say he looked like a five year old looking for his parents. Jack's cloudy eyes looked around the room until his eyes landed on Bunny. He walked over and curled up beside him, laying his head into Bunny's lap. Bunny put his paw onto Jacks head while his other hand rubbed his back. "No more secrets lies Jack." Tooth whispered in his ears. No one thought he would reply. "Please god no more Sugar Highs either." Jack said with a faint smile. "You got it frostbite." whispered Bunny as Jack's eyes fell closed with sand dreams of him and the guardians danced around his head.