The Little Moments - Bunny

And here it is, the last part to "The Little Moments". I hope you liked this @aaliyahmv06 and that I did well. Let's see what Bunny has to say to Jack! Okay guys I definitely just probably made a mistake I think I just updated the wrong chapter my phone just messed up everything but here is Bunny! I'm hoping this post right:(

Bunny

Bunny was in his garden gathering the fresh vegetables that had grown this week. Easter wasn't close at all, it was Winter so all he had to do was give the Warren a little extra care. His ear twitched as he also thought about how usually there was a boy who was always annoying him by this time. Now that he thought about it, it had been over two months since he last saw Jack before the boy ran off. He told the others that Jack had two months to be back before he went after him. So far, the only thing he heard of was from Tooth who had come to tell him that her and Sandy had spoke with him. If that was the case then the boy wouldn't be to long before coming here. 

A cold chill in the air brought him out of his own head. His ears turned and twitched trying to see if he could hear the reason for the change in temperature. The sound took him to the main color river in the middle of the Warren. It didn't surprise him. On that river bank, there was a large rock that had a flat surface on top. If you came in the Warren at the right time you would find Jack up there just looking out at the large landscape. Bunny made it to the rock to sure enough see the blue hoodie sitting on top. What got more of his attention was the smell of sweets in the air. Why did he smell carrot cake? 

Hopping on top of the rock, there was a plate with a slice of cake on it beside Jack. He tilted his head to look at Jack's face to see that he was chewing on his lip. Bunny shook his head. The boy was worried he was mad at him for disappearing. The pooka didn't know if Jack's fear of disappointing him, all of them, would ever go away. He moved to sit by Jack as he picked up the cake into his lap. He knew if he didn't at least take a bite out of it before talking Jack would take it as a sign that it wasn't wanted. Bunny couldn't resist it though. Jack had surprised them every year with something new he could do. Phil had helped the boy make sweets at the Pole and they were perfect. The boy never failed to make everything wonderful. 

"I'm sorry" Jack mumbled. He was messing with his fingers on his knees since he was in a ball. It was never easy for him to come back to Aster after running off. It was like coming back to his human father after he would run off when he was told not to. He knew that Bunny wasn't really mad at him. But overthinking and insecurities were demons that knew how to swim. He felt the rabbit take the spot next to him as he watched out of the corner of his eye. The cake was something he went back to the Pole to make. He saw Bunny take a few bites and his ears twitched giving away that he liked it. 

"You don't have to apologize, Frosty." Aster would deny it at all cost that he spoke with his mouth full. He knew Jack would use it against him one day as he saw the smile on the boy's face. It was hypocritical of him considering how many times he has told Jack not to talk with his mouth full. Jack had talent when it came to baking. All it took was one batch of cookies at the Pole before the yetis took him hostage one day to bake with them. 

"I feel like I do. I don't know why I flew off, it's just with what Manny did and what all of you saw and I just didn't know how you would react and I was afraid all of you would think diff-"

Bunny put the plate down as he put an arm around Jack's shoulders bringing him into a hug. Pitch must have found the boy before he came here. It was the shadow that could bring the emotions out of Jack. Yeah, if they pushed enough the others could too but that would essentially push him away too. It made sense as to why it was Jack who came here instead of Bunny going to find him. Pitch talked some emotional sense into him. He remembered one day Jack had told him if he wasn't the nightmare king he would make a great therapist.