Jack's Past pt. 2

--I hope everyone is doing good and safe during these dark times during this virus! Here is the next chapter in the journey through Jack's past. Please vote, comment, and share with friends!

Real life- Memories- Jack's past thoughts 

The screen came to life slowly, a scene coming up that wasn't quite clear yet. Everyone jumped as Jack suddenly jumped from Bunny's arms. He whipped around glaring at all of them, 

"These aren't for you to see." His voice was cracking. Pitch slowly stood up coming in front of him, Jack tensed as Pitch was taller again. Bunny stood up as well, making Jack become even more stiff. 

"Jack, we have no choice now. Obviously Manny thinks we need to see what's happened to you, and for once I actually agree with him." Pitch said back. Before anything else could be said, the screen fully came to life showing a cabin on the side of the woods. 

A woman sat in the old rocking chair in the corner, knitting a small shirt for what seemed to be an extremely small child. A little boy, with brown hair and big brown eyes sat next to her. He couldn't have been more than 5 years old. 

The Guardians weren't shocked but surprised, this was Jack? Tooth looked from the child on the screen to the immortal child in the room and saw the same looks just different style. 

North immediately saw the connection. The boy was Jack, Manny must of had a reason for changing his looks. 

Sandy wasn't confused. He knew that before Jack was Jack Frost, he surely couldn't have had such white hair and bright blue eyes as a human. Pitch was thinking almost the same thing as Sandy, except for the fact that he knew other than matching winter with Jack, there had to be another reason Manny altered his looks. 

Bunny wasn't sure what to think. He was focused on the screen, but then again he was also focused on his kit. Jack was tense, turned away with his hood up. He knew he couldn't do anything to help. It would just make things worse. 

The boy was playing with a hand carved wooden doll set. It had a man, a woman, a child, a dog, and a small play house to go with it. He made small imaginary conversation with the toys. The woman smiled watching the child, but then winced when it pulled the skin where the bruise was on the side of her face behind her hair. 

The sound of someone coming up to the house made them both look up. The woman quickly hid the colorful jacket she had been making and leaned down to hide the toys as well. She picked the child up and put him in her arms, getting back in the chair 

"Pretend you are asleep Jack, close your eyes and play pretend." The woman whispered. Little Jack immediately closed his eyes and tried to be as still as he could. The man came through the door, stumbling as he did so. His bloodshot eyes went across the room, narrowing on the woman and the child. He slowly walked up, 

"Is the bastard asleep?" his words slurred together. Drunk was the new normal for him. 

Now the Guardians were confused, this man looked nothing like Jack. His eyes were blue with blonde hair, his body bigger and skin more tan. 

"I wasn't his son." Jack finally spoke, everyone looking away from the screen. 

"My mother had an affair with the local bar owner. When I was born, he saw the color of my eyes and knew I wasn't his. He cut off all emotional ties with my mother and became an alcoholic. She broke his heart and in return... he broke us." 

Affairs were common at the time. Most were just never spoke of and was hidden from everyone else, but no one could mistake Jack's looks compared to the bar owner. Joey, the man his mother was married took his heart break out on his family. No one could do anything though, not even David the bar owner. Joey threatened David, said if he so much as looked at Emily (Jack's Mother), he would kill him.