A New Chapter

three updates in one day. there is a reason for it. this will be a different POV, different setting, and a different ending...

Manny's POV

It had been 20 years since Jack's fade. Now, the other Guardians were in a deep sleep themselves. 

Jack stayed with Lilly as Aster slept peacefully in the deep tunnels of the Warren. Never alone as Jack checked on him everyday. 

North slept peacefully in a deep ruins room of the Pole as Natasha and Phil kept an eye on him when Jack wasn't there. Natasha took over Christmas with him gone. 

Tooth rested underneath her castle, in a deep tunnel that was once a hidden place if the fairies ever needed to evacuate. Callahan would go down with her every other day, talking about anything and everything. 

Pitch and Sandy rested deep in the tunnels of the Nightmare King's lair. It was a spelled room where no nightmare sand could enter. Emily and Denver checked on them from time to time but never daily. They knew their loved ones were fine. 

Manny had watched for the years as Jack checked on each of them as Sandy was the first to sleep only a week after Jack had returned from the moon. It was sudden, no preparation like it was for Jack. They were able to move him as everyone else had prepared for them too. It was sad to see the nights where Jack would sneak into the nest of Aster and Lilly as he prepared himself to be ready for Aster to be gone. 

Manny watched down as Jack played tag with some of the Seasonals. Sam stood on the edge of the tree line beside Andy and Nick as they watched Jack smile and laugh. Callahan leaned against a rock beside Denver while they waited on Natasha to show up. It was two weeks from Christmas but today was a dinner at the castle. Emily stood next to the Bunnymund family as everyone smiled. 

"Jack, come on you are faster than that!" Jack laughed as Noah egged him on. They were friends, bestfriends now, as he had found a relationship with Stray. A slow feeling went over Jack's brain as he recognized what it was. He came to a stop before looking back at his mother. 

Lilly sucked in a breath as the sight of ice suddenly crawling up Jack's legs. A gasp came from everyone as a smile covered his face. Everyone knew there was a chance. A chance that it would happen to Jack again as the book had originally said. Jack kept his smile before tapping his staff twice on the ground, a hole opening. 

There was a charm on his staff that made it to where he could make tunnels now. He turned giving a smile to everyone before jumping down the hole. Lilly, Eleanora, Ares, Ridley, and Adam went after him. They all landed arrived in the room to see Jack settling down beside Aster. A light green covered Aster as a new blue was covering Jack, the cold not spreading anywhere. 

"Everyone will be okay here. Go find your father if you can." He nodded at his mother before accepting the nose nudges of his family before his eyes slipped close. 

----------------------------

Jack blinked as he looked around, a big field like Mother Nature's surrounded him as he became confused as to where he was. He slowly took in his area as there was an old looking castle that looked like a mix of Tooth's and the North Pole. There were roots that surrounded what looked like a burrow. 

"Jack?" He turned to see Tooth. He smiled at her as she squealed flying towards him. A part of him laughed as he saw North running. It had been a long time since he had seen the big man, 20 years for all of them. 

"Ah, we were wondering when you would show!" North crushed him into a bear hug as he smiled. He kept him close until he heard someone behind him. He turned to see Pitch and Sandy getting ready for their hugs too. He brought his family close as he smiled. The Guardians were back together again. 

"Where's Dad?" Pitch let out a snort before rolling his eyes. 

"In the Garden that appeared wherever this is. He's been working at it this whole time. This place came with every activity you could think of and yet he still choses that most." 

"What is this place?" Jack watched Sandy shrug his shoulders. Sandy pointed towards what seemed to be a lake. He smiled as Jack walked with them up to it. As he got closer, Jack realized this wasn't a lake at all. It was like the glasses on the moon. He could see everyone still back where they were. 

"Go see your father, you can look at all of this later." Jack nodded before he took off towards where he sensed his father. He walked up to what Pitch lied about just being a Garden, it was like a huge field. He saw Bunny in the middle as he smiled. A snowball created in his hand as he snuck up behind him, throwing it at the back of his head. 

"Son ova- JACK" The boy took off as fast as he could, his laughter filling the Fade's home. Manny watched as he took in a new glass that had appeared. He was afraid of the Fade and how it may affect them but now as he watched things that were same but different, he knew it would all be okay. 

It was the middle between an old chapter and a new. This was a break for each Guardian as he took in the glow around their bodies, protecting them and growing brighter from recharging. He smiled before turning away. It was time to let the old chapter go as he walked away, giving them the Fade world a new phase as he wasn't going to watch them as much as he used too. 

Manny looked down at the Earth with a frown. The world was a dark place in many areas. He didn't know how many things still stood in the world with how humans acted but he knew at some point things would be okay. He knew the Guardians would have many things to fix when they came back for the children but for now...

Everything was okay. 

----------------------------