The Beginning

you didn't really think I'd just leave today off with that last chapter, did you? We can't end a day that sad. 

here is a "I hit 20K reads!" gift. enjoy :)

---------------------------

Two Months Later

He didn't really remember the first week after waking up again. He only knew that he was just there, it felt like all those years ago of first waking up. It took him another week to go visit the Warren. When he did, it was like walking into Wonderland. There was a bigger tunnel that had been made in the middle which of course he followed. It lead to another Warren, which was filled with other Pooka's. 

Bunny had his tribe back. His family back. He immediately saw Ares and Eleanor next to Lilly and Aster as they spoke. He never thought he'd see his father smile like that with anyone other than him. What really got him was where they were standing in this new Warren, there was a drawing of him on the wall with blue lilies underneath it. He was a known person in this new home. 

He went to the Pole next, wondering how North was doing with his sister back. He found the two in the Globe room with eggnog catching up on everything. He had laughed at the looks that seemed to be imprinted on the elves faces at the two of them. Jack noticed how there was more wooden toys around that looked fresh. Did Natasha help with those? 

The Tooth Palace was his next place, were he smiled the biggest that first time because he found Callahan annoying Tooth from beside her. He was poking the female fairy in the sides, on the head, even in the ear, to get her attention. The fairies all around seemed to laugh with him at the actions of the younger brother which made him see himself. It was good to see someone else with them. 

His next place was Mother Nature, where he hoped they were all doing good. The biggest shock was finding Nick and Andy there together. They each stood next to Marcus and Archie, Nick having new colored hair to match the summer spirits and Andy having the look of a spring spirit. He smiled at the fact they would all be Seasonals now. Stray came up behind Nick to jump him as it started a game of tag. Yeah, they were good. 

Sandy was his next person to find as he flew around. It took about two days before he finally found him. Denver was floating on his own stream of sand across the sky helping Sandy with his job. Jack was excited to know that someone was helping Sandy now, that there was someone who could. He stayed with them for a while to just watch as they both made their way across the world. His breath caught when both of them just stopped on a cloud to turn around and watch the sun rise. 

He saved Pitch for last just because he wondered how it would go. That was his only fault in all of this, not asking how he would feel having his wife back. What he found was something that made even him feel warm. They were both in the library of the dark lair, Pitch leaning against the couch as Emily was asleep on his chest. Jack smiled as he saw the Nightmare King running his hand through his wife's hair. All it took was a frost imp and a chocolate haired girl from the past to make the cold man go soft. 

Jack noticed how in each place he went that there was something for him specifically. In the palace, had been his tooth canister on a special box in the middle. The Pole had a carved out figure of his staff with a snowflake above in. The Warren had wall carvings, new and old of a sight of him with a smile. The lair, had a table with just a plain picture. It was one that made him tear up because he didn't even know it had been taken. 

It was a picture of him asleep on a couch in between Pitch and Bunny, curled up with his staff. This must have been after his memories were shown by Manny. He turned to give one last look at the sleeping couple before leaving. Jack knew that everything was fine for now. Everyone looked good.