The Dangers of Boredom

This one will be told in 3rd person.  Sorry if it's sad. Character death.   

    Jack was bored. So, Jack being Jack, created a ice slide on a road. What he didn't know was that Jamie Bennett was driving down that same road. 

"Waaa Hooo" yelled Jack as he slipped and slid. 

"Yes, sweetheart, I'll be home in time to have dinner." Jamie assured his wife.  If Jamie looked close enough, he would be able to see Jack going up and down above the trees. He would be able to see that up ahead was black ice. 

Jack is having so much fun! He is skating, while thinking of past memories of his sister and the Burgess kids. A bright light goes across the trees, Jack's head snaps over just as the car jerks to the right. It's like in slow motion as the car flips and flips over and over again. He is frozen, then like a lightning bolt, he shoots over to the car.

"JAMIE!" he screams as he finally sees the body. Jack is so scared, his best friend is lying in front of him unconsious. He grabs Jamie's face, mumbling incoherent words. 

"No,no,no, Jamie. Please wake up! You need to wake up!" whispers Jack because he doesn't know what else to do. He looks over Jamie's head, making sure there is no serious injuries. Jamie is deathly still. Jack can't find his pulse, he can't find it! So, Jack does the only thing he can think of. He screams Bunny's name, knowing it would echo through the Earth.  

"BUNNY!" comes a cry of complete agony. Bunny's head snaps up so fast, it scares Pitch. "Frostbite...?" he whispers. Pitch and Sandy share worried glances. North and Tooth both step forward from their current argument. "Vhat did you say Bunny?" says North.

There is no reply from the rabbit. So, Jack tries another method, he knows if he scream loud enough...it will echo to the pole. It was an alarm, if a guardian screamed loud enough it would go straight through the pole. He spares one glance at Jamie, then takes a deep breath.

"SANDY!" comes a shout. Sandy's head shoots up, he looks over to Pitch. He is pale, well as pale as grey can get. He runs his eyes over every Guardian there, they all heard it. The question is...Is it really Jack?

Jack sobs, no one came. A thought comes to mind...they don't know if it's really him. That just makes the tears come more. Again, he looks down at Jamie, not wanting to realize the truth. Not wanting to admit that his best friend was not breathing. Not wanting to realize that Jamie was getting colder, that his body wasn't shivering. Jack takes another deep breath. 

"NORTH!" a voice screams. North becomes even paler, his son's voice was echoing in complete and utter agony, but what could he do? He didn't know if this was one of Jack's tricks he plays. 

Jack wipes Jamie's hair off his face. "Come on kid, you're gonna be fine. Just wake up" he whimpers. God, why wasn't anyone coming! There was only 2 people left.

"TOOTH!" the same voice screams. Tooth doesn't know whether to say "Very funny Jack" or sob because that sounded so real. She cast look at her fellow Guardians, North looks like he is gonna throw up, Bunny looks scared to death, Sandy looks worried and ready to take off; Pitch had his eyes closed. He was concentrating on trying to find Jack's fear.

Jesus! Were they even in the pole! Jack looks down at Jamie, knowing that he had been dead for at least 4 minutes, but he was gonna keep trying. He has one last name to call. 

"PITCH!" That said man gasps. Feeling the fear coming off of his "grandson". Oh god, this isn't a trick!. "It's not a trick! I feel his fear, something is wrong." he says. Every other Guardian was staring at him in shock, what have they done? No wait, that isn't the question, It's what haven't they done. Right before they all went into action, an agonizing scream tore through the pole. One that actually stopped the yetis and elves. One that finally made Tooth sob. One that made Pitch and Sandy go as pale as gold and grey can get. One that made Bunny's knees go weak.

Jack didn't know what to do. No one was coming. His best friend has been dead in his arms for more than 5 minutes. What could anyone do now? He slowly looks up to the moon. 

"Please Manny, I know I don't talk to you much, but...Can you help me? I need him. He was my first believer, he is my best friend. Use your moon magic or something." Nothing happened. With a cry of anger, agony, and pain, he screamed...

"JAMIE! PLEASE COME BACK!" 

The pole was frozen. No one knew what to make of the scream. Then it clicks in Pitch's brain. Something has happened to Jamie Bennett. They all take off, going towards the fear. When they got there, all they saw was metal. Just smushed metal and fire. Then there was Jack, he was holding what looked like a dead Jamie. Tooth, Bunny, and Sandy fell to the ground. Pitch and North were frozen. 

After the scream, Jack buried his head in Jamie's shoulder. He lost his best friend. A hand landed on his shoulder. When he looked back, he saw Pitch looking at him. "He's gone! HE'S GONE!" Jack screamed at Pitch. The shadow was at a loss. He grabbed Jack pulling him close as he screamed and sobbed. "Shh, Jackie is okay. It will be fine." He watched as Bunny and North tried to revive the 25 year old boy, but nothing was working. Jack broke free of his hold. 

"Jamie, please come back. We promised Sophie that we would take her to the movies tomorrow. You have to get home to Pippa, she needs you. Wh-What about your mom? You can't just leave without telling her bye. You can't leave me! Jamie Bennett, you wake up this instant or I will come get you and kick your butt. WAKE UP!" The Guardians didn't know how to stop Jack from shaking the poor boy. Finally, Jack's head dropped his head into Jamie's shoulder. Bunny was about to take him away, but something stopped him. It stopped all of them from getting the younger boy. Jamie's hand was moving towards Jack's shoulder. "It's alright Jack, I'm here. Manny brought me back." A sob of relief came from Jack. Jamie Bennett was alive! "Manny heard your cries. He said he couldn't take me because some stubborn boy was holding on. Jack, I heard your screams. I'm sorry I scarred you so much." Jamie said. All of the Guardians had a very long group hug with their oldest believer. 

Let's just say...Jack, Sophie, or Pippa let Jamie out of their sights for a very long time.