hope ur okay

theme song: hope ur okay - Olivia Rodrigo  

in honor of this being Pride Month, I want to write something that goes with it. I understand if there are some readers who may have different thoughts against Pride month but please keep any negative comments away from my story. 

I do not judge on anything and I want to reach the heart of all my readers, even if this is just one-shots. There is a song above the I think will be great to listen to. I know I don't speak on it and I try to keep real world opinions out of this story because I do not want any opinions that may cause arguments in the comments. 

I want everyone to know that you are loved, you matter, and you are wanted. <3 I've said it many times but I'll say it again, if you ever feel as if you have no one you got me. I'm here to listen. This will be a short one-shot but I hope it means something. 

Jack and one of his friends get into a serious conversation. The friend is scared of how he will react. What will happen?

----------------------

Jack and the Seasonals were sitting around Mother Nature's palace after a big dinner she had held to speak on climate change and what they were going to do. Jack sat beside April as they watched Nick, Andy, Stray, Marcus, etc. play football in the fields. Nick had introduced it to the other Seasonals to play during days like this and the spirits loved it. He smiled as Andy tackaled Archie. 

There were some girls that had joined too, Crystal, Mary, Katie, Molly, and Jasmine. April had been watching the game for a while which led Jack to believe she may have been crushing on someone from the teams. Jack leaned back to try to look from her point of view but couldn't focus on who she was looking at because they were all moving around. 

He knew that April was never really one to talk about who she liked or what she was in to unless asked. She wasn't an outspoken person. He never very few things about her considering how they hadn't been close at any time but now they were changing that. Since he came back, many of the Seasonals had wanted to be friends with him. Some of them he was still hesitant with but he was going with it. 

"Soooo, who are you watching so closely?" April jumped at his sudden words. She blushed slightly at being caught which made Jack smile wickedly. The glare that was sent his way didn't do anything to him because well, he lived with Bunny. Those glares did something. He stopped smiling when he noticed a scared type of look on her face. 

"I'm watching Marcus play." April turned to back to the game but her face was closed off as she turned away from him. He got the feeling that she was lying so he just looked back at the game. Marcus had taken off his shirt which got the attention of many girls there but April didn't seem to be interested in him. 

"I don't think you are or you would be drooling like the rest of the girls here." April nervously glanced around to see if Jack was right and he was so she was caught. Would he judge her? Would he go against her? She turned to the curious, worried blue eyes beside her and couldn't see Jack being someone to judge her for anything. Everyone knew Jack was a very understanding person. 

"I'm not looking at the boys, Jack." She said quietly as they kept looking at each other. Jack tilted his head as he read her expression before turning back to the game then back to April. He had to think longer than he should have before it clicked as he looked back at the field. The girls on the field is what April was watching too. 

"Oh? You're watching the girls?" She swallowed as he said it back just as quietly, going with her flow of keeping quite. She nodded and watched as Jack just looked at her before looking back and then grabbing the bowl of grapes they had between them. 

"I can see why, I mean Molly is wearing red today. That's definitely her color. Or are you looking at Crystal?" 

April watched him shocked. Even though she knew he probably wouldn't judge her, it still shocked her that he was so okay with it. 

"Y-you don't have a problem with that?" He looked at her confused. 

"Have a problem with what?" His mouth had grapes in it but she understood him perfectly. 

"Me liking...looking at the girls?" Jack slowly chewed on the food as he looked back at the game then back at her. 

"No? Why does someone have a problem with it? I can freeze them?" Jack became very serious. No one was going to mess with his friend. 

"No, no one else really knows. I just know it's not entirely welco-" 

"That's your love life, not mine. I don't mind who you date or like." April swallowed down a stone of emotions. She reached for the boy and pulled him into a hug as she buried her head into his neck trying to keep her tears under control. She didn't voice her opinion on it due to being worried about seeing how the human world dealt with it. 

Jack slowly lifted his hand to run his fingers through her hair. He looked around to make sure no one was coming up to them. Jack really didn't mind that she liked girls. It didn't bother him at all. It was life, she couldn't control who she loved. He leaned back and put hands on the side of her face. He looked at her with a soft smile before kissing her forehead. 

"I still love you, April. You're still my friend. You can't help who you love." She smiled at him with a big smile. He gave her a wink before leaning over, 

"I heard Molly might like girls too. You want me to talk to her?" April laughed before shoving his shoulder. Jack laughed with her as he threw a grape up and caught it. And the day went on, nothing had changed between the two of them. 

There was no problem with same sex couples in the spirit world, Jack just wished it could be said about the human world. 

----------------------

I know this was short but I think short sometimes is better. 

I hope this was good and I didn't say anything wrong. If this isn't good, please let me know and I will take this off or change it. 

again: I want everyone to know that you are loved, you matter, and you are wanted <3