Fading Promise pt.2

I know it was different having another update earlier in the week but I felt that the message needed to be put out there. I also needed to say it because I, myself, have relapsed but I am pushing through it by making sure others know that they are loved. Anyways, enough about me y'all didn't come for that. here is the next part to "Fading Promise" !

 @WhatCanIDo9 ! Bunny set a rule that Jack had 2 months to come back after something happens that makes him run off, if he doesn't come back they look for him. But what happens when he doesn't come back? What happens when the wrong thing was found and it may have cost them their snowflake?

enjoy reading. the tissues are still needed, ladies and gents :)

----------------------------

 One Year Ago

"They destroyed it, Bunny! I don't even know how they found it!" Jack was upset that one of his hiding spots had been found by a group of Summer spirits. They had messed the whole place up!

"It's alright, Jackie. We can make you a new one!" The boy turned to look at his father figure with a frown. 

"Where? You don't like the cold?" 

"Well...you like the tunnels and the only person who can get into those is me?" 

It only took an hour to dig out and make a small little hide away for Jack, decorated and put in use if needed. 

"Now you'll always be safe and I'll still be able to find you." 

---------------------------

Bunny walked up to the hole in the wall of the tunnel that was covered in vines. He felt the chill coming from the hole in the wall, knowing that the thing he was looking for was definitely inside. It made sense that he would come here. This was a place that he knew Bunny wouldn't think of at first because it was a place that was the hardest to find. 

He took a deep breath before walking into the small room. There was a nest in the corner, emergency food and water in here in case Jack ever needed to hide for long amounts of time. The perfect place for a time like this. There were small plants that would glow around the walls of the cave that gave off small light. Bunny saw the white hair poking out from under the blanket in the nest. 

Jack could hear Bunny come in. He let out a deep breath that he had been holding. His eyes were burning from so many tears. Jack had been sleeping this whole time, only waking up to drink some water. He had snuck out of the tunnels when he had to use the bathroom but came back before his scent could stay out for to long. He knew it was childish to stay away from this, that it needed to be explained. But it hurt. 

"Jackie?" He watched the bundle of blanket shuffle around. He didn't speak louder than a whisper at the boy. He hopped up to the side of the nest before slowly placing a paw on the white hair. 

"Jackie, will you look at me? Please?" Bunny waited for the blankets to move. He watched as a small hand came out and pushed up the side of the blanket. A small hole was made to see him. Aster didn't think his heart could break anymore but the sight of blood-shot eyes and small frozen tears made his ears press down. 

"Will you let me explain?" Jack bit the inside of his cheek as he looked at his father figure. The rabbit had his head tilted towards him with understanding in his eyes. He nodded before moving over and bringing his head out of the blanket. Aster moved to the edge of the nest sitting right on the outside as Jack looked at him from the blanket. 

"When you were brought into the Guardians, it was sudden. You know that. And then we were stuck on trying to fix our mistakes. We never thought about the book or the subject. We were a group but you made us a family. It never came to mind to bring up the subject. Manny didn't remind us, Sandy didn't think about it, and it never crossed my mind. I know I made promises. And I intend to keep them"