Please Don't

This one is gonna be sad one, just saying. It will be told in 3rd person. I was just thinking today like what if someone close to Jack somehow died, what would he do? So this one will be sad, but it will have a happy ending. It is a father/son one between Bunny and Jack. Have fun reading!

The Warren was quiet, there was no life to it, not today. The eggs weren't moving. The rivers weren't flowing. The Egg Guards were bowed in mourning. The holes were closed. No one could get into the Warren, not a soul. 

Jack was still. That in itself was a shocker, he was never still. He always was moving. Today was a day he didn't want to be seen, he wanted to be invisible again, he wanted to do anything to bring back what he lost. A tear fell down the immortal child's face, he shook with pain and sadness. It was all his fault. 

The Day Before

The Rouge Nightmares came from all sides. There was no warning, no preparation. Bunny and Jack were getting ideas for new egg designs in Europe when they attacked. 

"Frostbite look out!" Bunny had yelled. Jack ducked just as the horse jumped from the brush behind him. Bunny and Jack got back to back, slowly turning making sure to keep a sharp eye on all of the horses. 

"You take the ones on the right, I'll take the ones on the left?" Jack said. Then he winced, he had said that to Sandy in the battle 4 years ago...Then Sandy was defeated by an arrow. Jack was ready this time, he was. No one would die this time. The fight had begun.

It took an hour. They had defeated them all. Jack looked at Bunny, letting his guard down. Bad idea. Bunny look over relived to see his Kit safe and sound, but his eyes grew in horror. 

"JACK NO!" he yelled. Bunny jumped. He pushed Jack out of the way. Then all he felt was pain.

Jack looked up from his place on the ground, his eyes growing in pain and horror. His father was standing above him, an arrow lodged in his stomach. It was like slow motion. Jack jumped up to catch Bunny as he fell. 

"B-Bun-Bunny" Jack whimpered. Asther looked up through pain filled eyes, seeing his Kit crying, whimpering for him to be okay. 

"J-Jack, it's o-kay." Bunny knew it was a lie. He knew he would perish, wishing it wasn't true. 

"T-take care of t-the oth-ers J-Jackie" Bunny coughed. Jack shook his head roughly.

"N-No. N-No. You'll be okay. Y-you'll be okay." Jack whimpered. This wasn't happening. It wasn't. His father figure wasn't dying in his arms right now, it wasn't happening. Asther moved his arm, lightly tapping the ground underneath them. He transported them to the Warren, putting the wards up. He gathered his strength to give his Kit a last word. 

"J-Jack." He said getting the little ones attention, even through the sobbing. "I need you to p-promise me you'll take care of the Warren for me, okay? I won't be gone for long. I will make it back to you, son." Bunny whispered. Jack sobbed louder. He watched as Bunny's eyes went in and out of focus. He gripped Bunny's hand. 

"I love you, Dad" he whimpered with a loud sob. Bunny looked up at him, bringing a hand to Jack's head bringing him to his chest getting one last hug. 

"I love you too, Kit. I-I have to g-go now" he whispered. 

It was like a movie. Bunny's hand slowly fell from Jack's head, it hit the ground with a light thump. The Warren went quiet when it happened. Jack shot up. 

"Please Don't" he cried. Snow began falling in the Warren, and no one was there to yell about it. Jack screamed. He screamed loud enough that Manny should've heard it. Jack didn't stop screaming. 

Present Day

Jack stared at the river, his tears still falling. His thoughts finally catching up to him. He froze, his eyes widened, he flinched, and then... He screamed. 

This time, the scream did reach Manny. He winced, "Jackson?" he questioned quietly. Manny walked to his telescope, finding the screaming spirit. His eyes widened, he was shocked. 

"Asther." he called. Manny walked to his seat, going into Limbo, knowing Asther was there. He would never leave Jack, everyone was fully aware of that. He found him watching Jack, tears rolling down his muzzle. His eyes found Manny. 

"Took ya long enough mate." he said. Man in the Moon stepped forward, reciting a sentence that he knew had been used and would be used again and again.

"E. Asther Bunnymund, do you wish to go back to the land of the living? Do you wish to go back to your son?" he practically yelled. Bunny nodded, ready to get back to the crying boy. The wish was met. 

Jack was still crying. He was still whimpering. 

"Dad, I'm so sorry, this is all my fault." he whimpered. A rustling was heard behind him, a voice he never thought he would hear again called to him. 

"Oh Kit, this isn't your fault." Asther called out to him. Jack whipped around, jumping up. He stared blank faced at the Pooka in front of him, then he jumped. 

Asther was fully prepared for it. He caught his son, holding him tighter than ever before. 

"I gotcha Jackie, I promised I'd always be here didn't I?" he said into Jack's shoulder. 

                                                                                The End