An Unlikely Friend

someone unexpected sees Jack and it's not someone he really wanted to see. this is a short one today, just a small adventure Jack is having during his sleep state. 

---------------------------

one year & two months

Jack was sitting on the Empire State building when a weird feeling came over him. He looked around trying to find the source of it but saw nothing. It was like something was watching him. He looked up, the moon wasn't out tonight as it was a new moon phase. Jack looked down to see an orb flying around. He followed it with his eyes and couldn't help but grow curious. He jumped down, flying to follow it. 

It led to the park next to the building, near the side corner. Jack frowned as he got closer due to the fact that it was going towards the shadows. It wasn't Pitch or anything of the shadows he was used to. He watched the orb fly closer to see that the shadows turned a white color as it flew it before it went dark again. Jack moved closer to see if it would do the same for him. Was this some sort of door?

"Jack Frost? What the hell are you doing here?" He turned to the voice that he never really wanted to hear call towards him. The man's black hair and unnatural white eyes and pale skin stared back at him with a shocked look. He swallowed as he turned back to the door way like mist before back to the man. 

"Heyy...Death. Long time no see, right?" The two stared at each other. Jack winced at the pissed off face of the man. Yeah this was not who he was expecting to see today. The man looked him up and down before looking around and then repeating the process. 

"What is happening here? I see no rabbit in sight and you have a different aura around you. Why am I getting the calling that you are dead?" Jack froze as he looked at the pissed off man. That couldn't be right. He wasn't close to dead, not at all. 

"I'm not dead. I'm just asleep right now, my body is at least. It's called The Fade..." As Jack went on into his story, Death listened intently. He knew nothing of this power called the Fade. Surely he would have known about this considering it almost sounded like he was sitting on the edge of life and death. 

"So, right now, your body is alive and asleep somewhere while you are like this were no one can see you?" Jack nodded. Death tapped his fingers on his arm as he tried to think. This didn't sound right at all. He knew that Max, one of the reapers, was friends with Jack in the past and even he had a weird connection to the boy. Seeing him on this side was unnerving. 

"Where is your body? I want to see it for myself." Jack raised an eyebrow as he leaned on his staff. 

"That's a little weird, D. You shouldn't say things like that." The man rolled his eyes before walking in the other direction. If Jack wasn't going to lead him there, he would use his sense of soul to find it. There's always a little of someone's soul left in their body. 

--------------------------

It was weird looking at his own body. The two males stood in the clearing that was covered in a wall of ice that his body was frozen inside. Due to their not really real bodies, they were able to just pass through. Jack's body laid in the middle while covered in a dark blue ice. His body looked almost transparent under it. Death walked up to the ice covered body to take a closer look. Sure enough, this was what he was afraid of. 

"Jack, your body isn't moving. You're basically dead." Jack frowned, walking up beside Death. He leaned down closer to see if there was a small movement. There had to be, he wasn't dead. He focused on his face to see that there was breathing coming from his body as the ice fogged up. He pointed it out making Death let out a hmm as they both just leaned back.