Still a Trickster

guys...Olivia Rodrigo's new album is the BEST, I totally recommend going to listen to it. 

the idea in this chapter will involve memories, the idea coming from @Angie04005 . none of the ones from the other side saw Jack's memories so what if they see them now?

-----------------------

six months 

Jack hadn't visited any of them since that day at the pole. He knew that he would become a sad spirit again if he constantly stayed near the people he loved, only to know that they could only feel the energy that followed him around. The world was slowly changing as he flew around. He saw riots that scared him everywhere, governments falling apart, so many things going wrong. Jack knew there was nothing that could be done with the adults. 

He sat on a branch with smile as he watched a few fairies gathering teeth from all the houses on the street. Maybe it was time to go visit someone. He didn't want to see Tooth immediately, the way she would freak out would be to much for today. Jack turned to head towards the Pole. That was a place he could just explore around and still watch over everyone. 

It had to be close to Christmas, he realized, as he came to a busy workshop. He smiled as he saw the yetis on full throttle to working as hard as they could. He headed over to the big calendar on the wall to see that it was one week from Christmas. It made a small hurt go through him to know this would be the first one they would have without him again. It would be okay though, he would be here even though they couldn't see him. 

"North! Aster! Stop it right now!" He slowly turned with a raised eyebrow at hearing Natasha's voice yelling through the workshop. Turning back to the calendar, he saw the words "Guardian's Meeting" on today's date. He smiled at the fact they were all still gathering. Jack walked towards the double doors to see everyone in the Globe Room. The two people whose names were called glaring at each other from across the big table. 

Natasha and Lilly stood with mad faces from the other side of the table, arms crossed and glaring at the men. Jack shifted at the intimidating feeling waving off his mother. He already knew coming back would be very comforting to have a full family but knew that know he was really going to see a motherly action. He turned to see Emily watching from beside Eleanor as they watched, Ares and Pitch sitting at the chess table ignoring everything. 

"We've heard this argument before from the side we were on. There are many differences between each of your holidays there is no reason to argue over it, you are acting like children." Natasha's voice of commanding and reprimanding. Jack leaned against the table with a smile at the embarrassed look on North's face and the fact that his father's ears were tilted and red, showing the special way of a Pooka blush. 

"But Nat, Christmas has presents of all kinds! Easter is just sweets!" Callahan spoke up from the couch. Jack slapped a hand over his mouth to stop the laughter at the cry of happiness from North, and the groan from the women as Bunny growled lowly. He saw Tooth fly down from where she was helping the second floor to slap the back of her brother's head. He cried out, turning to glare at her. 

"Why are you slapping me? Aren't you supposed to be against sweets?" He saw Tooth whisper something at him, quietly scolding him. Jack didn't know if the other little fairies could see him but didn't want to test it. He just wanted to watch over them for today. He turned to look at the chess game, walking to see who was winning this time. It was Pitch in the lead today. 

"How long have they been having this argument?" He looked at Ares as he spoke. It was weird to know when he came back he would have a whole family, a full one. The Guardians were a family in their own right, but it felt more comfortable knowing there was other Pooka's for some reason. He felt like he belonged. Maybe it was because they were more connected to nature like he was.