• It's Complicated • S4! Lloyd x S4! Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by anon! •

Third Person POV

Garmadon couldn't explain it, even he didn't understand what was going on.

For days now, ever since the defeat of Chen and his army, Lloyd had been acting very peculiar. Whenever Garmadon would enter the room that Lloyd was in, Lloyd would make it his mission to leave, quickly and quietly. When they were forced to be in a room together, for example, to eat dinner, Lloyd could barely bring himself to so much as glance at his father.

And here he was, doing it again.

All of the ninja watched as Lloyd practically inhale his dinner and rush back to his room.

"Okay, so are we going to talk about this?" Jay whispered as he poked his fork at his meal.

"It would be rude to talk about Lloyd behind his back," Zane replied flatly. "Besides, it's not our place to address anything Lloyd might be dealing with unless he wants to."

"I think we should at least try to help. He might need something to cheer him up after what happened last week. It really scared him," Kai said, lifting his glass of water.

"Not one of us, he might take it the wrong way. He doesn't like feeling weak. Who can blame him?"

Garmadon rose from his seat and said, "I'll go check on him."

As he walked away from the table, he could hear the ninja murmuring and whispering things back and forth to each other. He decided against urging them to stop; after all, it's not like they hadn't been noticing Lloyd's unusual behavior and clearly had suspicions about it.

Once Garmadon reached the door to Lloyd's bedroom, the door was halfway closed, almost as if Lloyd had barely any effort in trying to fully close it.

As he reached out to knock on the door, he heard rapid breathing on the other side. He stopped, putting his ear to the door. The breathing grew faster and faster, nearly transitioning between hiccupping and whimpering cries.

Garmadon pushed the door a bit, revealing Lloyd crumpled up on the floor beside his bed, hands wringing through his hair, almost desperately gasping for air.

Garmadon finally opened the door and entered silently. He knelt beside Lloyd, trying to come up with an idea of what to do. He put a hand on top of Lloyd's hunched over back. Lloyd flinched hard against the touch, snapping his head to the side. The horrified look on Lloyd's face etched itself in Garmadon's mind. Garmadon tried to brush the hair out of Lloyd's eyes, but Lloyd retreated from the action.

"Lloyd, what's wrong? Why are you scared of me?" Garmadon whispered.

"I-I don't know..." Lloyd choked out. "I-I keep thinking.....about...about everything..I don't want to talk about it, I don't want to think about it. You.....you could've died..!"

Garmadon prevented himself from touching him, no matter how badly he wanted to. "You don't have to say anything if you don't want to, Lloyd. I just want to help you. Tell me what I can do that will help you and I'll do it," He breathed, looking down at his distraught son.

Lloyd sniffled, staring at the ground in deep thought. Finally, Lloyd glanced up at his worried father, then back at the ground as he whispered, "Can you hug me, please?"

Before Lloyd could even blink, Garmadon threw his arms around him. Lloyd let out a shaky sigh, nuzzling his nose into Garmadon's shoulder as he felt a hand running up and down his back.

"Sorry, I-I can't stop shaking," Lloyd dryly laughed.

"It's alright," Garmadon hummed, tightening his arms every now and again. "But can you please come to me the next time you have a problem like this? I promise that I'll help you."

Lloyd nodded his head, gripping at his father's shirt. Soon enough, by the combination of his father's musk and shallow breaths, Lloyd could feel himself calming down. Though he was still trembling, he felt better on the inside.

Garmadon raked his fingers through Lloyd's sweaty hair, asking, "Is there anything else you want me to do?"

Lloyd tried to think for a minute, but finally said, "Can you stay?"

"Of course."

Word Count: 691 Words.

(Hello! Yes, I know I'm like a week late, but here we go! It was last night that made me realize just how many requests I have and I realized that I need to get my butt to work. [there's like 20!!!] So to try to eradicate all of these bad boys, I will attempt to make two a week. It might be crazy, but I'll try to do it!

Thank you guys for 40k views! I can't believe how much people like this stuff! 😂

Thanks for reading! I hope you all enjoyed it! I really threw it together last second, but had lots of fun with each second! Making Lloyd suffer is tragic, but soothing to the soul. Only Ninjago fanfic authors will understand. ;)

I hope you guys will have a safe and good weekend! I will see you guys next week!

- your sleepy author, Abbey :]   )