• Much-Needed Time • Season 3! Sensei! Garmadon x Season 3! Lloyd

• Requested by KennaCat12

Third Person POV

It was a slightly cloudy morning, still bleached with fog from a rain shower yesternight. Pink, lavender, and light blue colors were smeared across the sky.

All was quiet throughout the monastery, except for the sound of feet on the hard wooden floor. Garmadon was awoken by this sound trailing through the halls at a great pace. Without waking up his sleeping wife, he got up quickly and quietly followed the figure down the hall.

The person crept into the kitchen, but stopped once he moved from the door. Garmadon slid against the wall, peeking in the room. It was Lloyd, messing with a teapot. Hopefully, not Wu's teapot.

He watched as Lloyd began pouring the tea into two cups sitting next to a bowl of sugar cubes on a tray. As Lloyd appeared to be tired from waking up too early, he never realized that he was almost overflowing one of the cups.

"I do believe that that cup is full, son," Garmadon sniggered as he stepped behind him. Lloyd jumped out of his skin and turned to face his father.

"Oh! Right..! Uh, sorry. Good morning," Lloyd sputtered as he set the pot down. Garmadon smiled as he was about to turn to leave.

"Wait!" Garmadon froze and turned back around.

"I.. I need you to come with me."

"Why?"

"... Just come with me, please?"

Confusion filled his father's face as he picked up the tray, now taking it and his father outside into the moist air.

The two went to a bench under a cherry tree, where Lloyd set the tray down on a small stone table beside the bench.

Garmadon looked down at the boy, who was feverishly arranging the tray right, finally sitting down.

"So, what's all this about?" Garmadon asked with a raised eyebrow.

Lloyd began fidgeting with his fingers, staring at the ground. "I just wanted to have some alone time... but, you know, with you."

Garmadon's confusion melted into a warm smile as he sat down beside him.

The two sat in the same spot for hours sharing conversations, jokes, smiles, hugs, and tea. But, after all that time, Lloyd felt compelled to say something out of the blue.

"I'm glad you're back, Father. I really missed you," He sighed as he leaned against his shoulder, eyes shut contentedly .

Garmadon returned the gesture and pressed his forehead against Lloyd's.

"I missed you, too."

Word Count: 407 Words. (Thank you for requesting! Sorry if it's too short for your liking, I've been pressed for time because I start school this week. But, I still have two more requests to do, so I'll try to get them done before Monday rolls around!)