∆ Night Guard ∆ Lloyd x Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by KennaCat12

(This is a part three of "I Missed You" and a part two of "Healing Scars.")

Third Person POV

Lloyd sighed shakily, wiping his eyes on his sleeve. He flinched lightly when Garmadon put his hand on his shoulder, sliding it down to his small hand. Lloyd took hold of it, rising from his seat, the green blanket still wrapped around his body.

He allowed his father to guide him inside and down the now-darkened hallways to his bedroom.

His room was an absolute mess. Clothes were scattered across the bed, and candy wrappers and crumpled pieces of paper littered the floor. Lloyd rubbed the back of his head embarrassingly, ashamed at the state of his bedroom. Garmadon didn't mind, though; he helped him tidy up until it was able to sleep in.

Lloyd sat down in his bed, watching as his father settled down beside him. Once Garmadon got in a comfortable position, he looked to his son, only to see an uncertain expression on his face.

"Is something the matter, Lloyd?" He mused thoughtfully.

Lloyd looked at him, then back to the wall. "I just....I don't know. I..." He paused, looking back to his father's worried gleam in his eye. A small smile formed on his lips as he leaned against his shoulder. "I'm just glad you're back."

Garmadon exhaled in relief, wrapping an arm around his son. That was a relief.

"I'm glad you feel that way," he muttered against his bushy blonde hair.

The two pulled away, turning to attempt relaxation on the skinny twin bed. Lloyd was squished against the wall, while Garmadon was at a major risk of falling off of the bed entirely.

"Are you comfortable enough?" Lloyd asked, grunting slightly as he tried to find a good position.

"Are you joking? Or is that a hint of sarcasm I'm sensing?" Garmadon murmured in reply.

"I don't know."

"Well, either way, it's late. We both need sleep."

"Okay. Good night, Father."

Garmadon hummed a "Good night" to Lloyd before completely dozing off. But Lloyd laid still, staring at the ceiling, breathing steadily. His fear of closing his eyes to see the nightmares that awaited him was staring him in the face. Oh, for there to be a healthy way to skip sleeping!

Much to his dismay, his eyelids began to grow heavier by the second. He tried to think of something, anything, to get his mind off of the problem. Before long, he finally gave in to the enemy, and joined his father in sleep.

~~~~~~~

Garmadon abruptly woke up to a loud noise; his body hitting the floor.

He groaned, sitting upright to see a glowing green light coming from the top of the bed....? He gasped softly, rising to his feet to see the source of the light.

Lloyd was tossing and turning, battling an invisible nemesis. Out of instinct, his power was igniting, illuminating the room ever so slightly. He was muttering, crying, and throwing punches into the air. Garmadon watched as the spheres in his hands began expanding, which could only mean one thing: an explosion wasn't far away.

Garmadon tried to shake him by the shoulders, called his name, and grabbed his wrists in attempts to wake him up. Lloyd continued fighting despite Garmadon's efforts. Finally, he prepared himself for the worst case scenario. 

He took a sharpened breath, and ignited his own power. Dark purple beams began to clash with the green lights on the walls behind Garmadon's silhouette.

Lloyd's energy was nearing the point of no return. Garmadon hesitated at first, but finally jumped onto the bed and provided a force field against the growing ball of power in his hands. This puny action was the least powerful solution, because, after all, it was his son! If he had hurt him again, he'd never forgive himself!

Lloyd continued in sleep, the power increasing pressure on the defense that Garmadon was providing.

Please, wake up, please! Garmadon thought, feeling his arms wanting to buckle under the weight.

Suddenly, a noise made Garmadon direct his attention to the door frame.

"Lloyd?!" The noise was a voice, and that voice was Jay's. Garmadon panicked. Now there were two people at risk!

"Jay, run now! Run!"

The second Garmadon took his mind off of the matter at hand, his shield faded, allowing the blast of crackling energy to hit him. He cried out in pain as it shot him into the ceiling, sending back down onto the bed, then the floor with a thumping sound. The sound of the impacts startled Lloyd awake.

Gasping, Lloyd saw his father on the ground. His eyes darted around the room, realizing that he was still in his bedroom. He trembled, gathering his face in his hands, staring at Garmadon. The thing he feared wasn't a dream anymore.

Jay ran to Garmadon, lifting him up slightly.

"Sensei?! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but did it hit you?" He groaned, grabbing his abdomen while sitting up straight.

"No. What happened?"

Garmadon coughed, "I don't really know."

"Don't move, I'll go grab the first aid kit!" Jay whispered, still aware that there were people trying to sleep. With that, he got up and ran out the room, leaving Garmadon and Lloyd in the dark room. Garmadon finally turned to the bed, facing Lloyd.

Lloyd gasped, gripping his chest, hyperventilating wildly. Trembling, he knelt down beside Garmadon.

"Father...," He paused, looking down at the wound, then back up to his face. "Oh, Father, I'm so sorry!"

Garmadon winced as he brought his son to his side, hugging him, whispering words of comfort to his distraught son.

"Shh, it's okay, Lloyd. It wasn't your fault."

Lloyd finally pulled away, hiccuping and sobbing softly.

Jay returned with the supplies, yawning quietly. As he was about to sit down, Lloyd stopped him.

"Thanks. You can go to bed, Jay," He said as he held the kit in his arms. "I can do this myself."

Jay happily complied, leaving the room again.

Lloyd laughed softly as he held up a roll of gauze, "I guess this means we're even."

Word Count: 1,022 Words.

(Hi! Thanks for your patience with me and for reading this chapter!

Over the past few weeks, I've been dealing with the loss of toenail on my left foot's big toe, so I've been a bit slowed down.

I've also been working up some ideas for after graduation:

The plan is to start a Patreon account where I'll be posting exclusive art of Lego dudes(Ninjago, Nexo Knights, and such.). I may also make comics, books, and postcards of these things if I get enough support! There, I can try to make money and do something I love for a livelihood. We'll just see how it works out. I'm still fumbling around with it because I have the learning capacity of a frozen pizza. I'll try to let you guys know when it's up and running so you can check it out.

I also need to get my driver's license(I have a permit, not a full-on license.). But because of the stupid Coronavirus, that may take a few years.

Anyway, thanks for the request! If there are any typos, I'm sorry, I'll try to go back and fix them. I'll try to get the rest of the requests done soon. It's, like, six more, so if you guys could refrain from requesting things for a limited time, that'd be very helpful. :)

I'll see you guys later! Stay safe!)