• The Storm Before The Calm? • Daughter! Reader x Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by @I_am_Garmadaddy •

Third Person POV

It was quite a peaceful morning. Put aside the muffled screaming, and it could even be a perfectly silent one.

Garmadon sat in an armchair in the living room, casually sipping tea as the storm raged on. It ended with the abrupt slamming of a door, which made Lloyd quietly walk into the same room as his father.

All was silent until Lloyd whispered under his breath, "I think Y/N is having another..... uhh, adolescence thing."

"No," Garmadon put his cup down onto the side table with a raised brow. "You think?"

"Okay, so she is," Lloyd stuffed his hands into his pockets with a huff.

What had been building up for a few days finally came: it was that time of the month for Y/N. The random outbursts, the fragile emotions, the constant complaint of pain; each time it came, it progressed to be worse than the last. They both knew exactly what this meant.

Lloyd leaned against the wall, musing, "When did Mom say she was coming back?"

"She didn't; she just said that she'd be back."

Lloyd grunted in frustration. He had to put up with this all day?!

"Well, what if you talk to her? You're an adult; she might actually calm down a bit for you!"

"I'm an adult, yes, but I'm not a woman!" Garmadon exclaimed. "I wouldn't be much of any help to this situation. We should just wait until Misako comes back."

"Fine," Lloyd mumbled. "I'm gonna go see if any of my friends want to hang out or something. I'd rather not have to fight Y/N."

"How come? You're scared of losing again?" Garmadon smirked behind his cup.

Lloyd scoffed and stormed out of the house. Garmadon chuckled, putting his cup down on the table beside him. He decided to meditate a bit before offering his attention to Y/N.

Sitting alone in the tranquility of the living room, he tried to think of a way to try to make Y/N comfortable. He had no idea about her problem, or how to help her, but he would try his best.

Suddenly, the clock chimed, signifying that it was time for lunch. After a brief bit of imagining different scenarios, he came up with an idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~

As for Y/N, she couldn't possibly be any more uncomfortable than she already was.

Lying in a fetal position on the bed, the churning pains in her stomach were relentless against her puny pain tolerance.

I hate this. She fumed as she clung to a pillow. My body hates me. I haven't eaten anything all day. I can't move without hurting. I want this to end, I want this to end, why won't it end? I want this to end, I want this to-.

As she was deep in her hate-fueled thoughts, the room's quiet atmosphere was intruded upon by three knocks on the door.

"May I come in, Y/N?" A sing-songy voice followed the raps.

Y/N sighed, replying with a very weak, "Come in."

Garmadon opened the door to her room slowly, holding a plate with a sandwich on it. His face was adorned with a soft smile as he looked down at Y/N's blank expression.

"I thought you might need some lunch," He whispered, holding out the plate. "I believe I remembered correctly that you liked grilled cheese."

Y/N looked at it, then snarked, "I believe I remember that that was when I was five years old. I'm not hungry."