~ Practice Makes Progress ~ Movie! Lord! Garmadon x Movie! Lloyd

• Requested by FrosttheIceDragon

Third Person POV

It was a lazy Saturday morning, perfect for sleeping in. Lloyd was doing such, comfortably snuggled in a pile of blankets. His peaceful slumber was rudely disrupted when a noise rang out through the apartment.

"La-Lloyd! Wake up, you gotta do that exercise!" Garmadon shouted happily from the kitchen.

Oh. Lloyd sighed, rolling onto his side.

As the weeks passed, Lloyd grew to hate planking.

With each time he practiced it, Garmadon came up with more ways to keep him distracted from the tugging pain in his arms. Whether it was holding his foot firmly on his back, placing his heavy backpack on him, or even making Lloyd do it with one hand, he made sure that he didn't fall before the first minute passed.

Lloyd jumped as his door was kicked down, crashing to the floor very noisily. Garmadon stood behind it, just as shocked as Lloyd was.

"That....uh, I can fix that. Don't worry about it," he stammered as he stepped over it.

He made his way to the bed, snatching the sheets out of Lloyd's grasp.

"Come on! Get up! I made eggs!" Garmadon excitedly shook Lloyd's shoulder.

"Dad, it's way too early for this..."

"It's ten o'clock, La-Lloyd."

"And?"

Garmadon got impatient, so he grabbed Lloyd by the ankle, dragging him out of bed. Lloyd shouted protests and declarations of hate as he was dragged down the hall, into the kitchen.

Garmadon stopped, letting go of Lloyd's leg to give him his plate of eggs. Lloyd glared down at the nearly burnt, hardly seasoned eggs, then back up at his smiling father with the same anger.

"Well, come on, La-Lloyd! A good day starts with a good breakfast!" Garmadon exclaimed as he scarfed down his eggs.

After breakfast, Garmadon eagerly waited for Lloyd to try his exercise again.

Lloyd sighed sharply, getting down on his knees in the wooden floor.

"Hey, you know, why don't we just skip this?" He gave a lopsided smile to his father.

Garmadon raised an eyebrow, crossing all four of his arms.

"Well, you can, I guess," he grumbled. Lloyd felt successful, glad that he didn't have to try it again. He felt relieved, until Garmadon smirked, "I'll call you a wimp for a month if you skip it."

Lloyd frowned. Why his dad decided to be a jerk about everything he'll never know.

"Dad, seriously? You can't pressure me into this."

"I know. But I'll still call you a wimp if you skip out on it."

Lloyd rolled his eyes. He could deal with this. He'd rather have this annoyance than aching arms.

He walked to his room, being followed by his father, who was still nagging at him about exercising.

Lloyd stepped over his broken door, sitting on the floor in front of his window. Garmadon stood at his door, taunting him, doing Fortnite dances, and laughing maniacally.

Finally, Garmadon stopped. Lloyd turned his head to see his dad staring at him.

"Are you sure you don't want to at least try, La-Lloyd?" He asked softly.

Lloyd glared, taking Garmadon's puppy eyes at full force. Finally, he stood up, shaking his head. "Fine. But it's not because I want to."

Garmadon grinned from ear to ear as he watched his son get into position. Lloyd sighed heavily before starting the plank. He knelt down, getting on his hands and knees, and finally, extended his legs fully.

"Make it to a minute, La-Lloyd! You can do it!" Garmadon excitedly said as he pumped one of his fists.

Lloyd had his eyes shut, like usual. Several seconds later, he heard Garmadon's feet shuffling on the ground coming closer to him.

"Don't touch me or I'll kill you," Lloyd grunted.

"I don't have to. You're already past a minute!" Garmadon exclaimed.

Lloyd's eyes shot open. He did it...?

"I did it....?" He asked, huffing and puffing.

"Yes!! You're doing it, La-Lloyd!"

Lloyd felt a wave of exhilaration sweep over him. He couldn't wait to tell his friends.

Finally, he let go of the position, laughing triumphantly as he got up. To Lloyd's surprise, Garmadon lifted him off the ground, swinging him around like he was a ceiling fan blade.

"I knew you could do it, La-Lloyd! I knew it!!!!"

"Put me down, Dad, you're crushing me!"

The two broke apart, facing each other, still as giddy as a gaggle of geese.

"Wanna try again, La-Lloyd?"

"Nope."

Word Count: 749 Words.

(Hey, guys! Thanks for reading! Sorry it took a little bit, I forgot I opened requests. I've been stuck doing my end of the year tests, and it's ever so clear that I'm bad at math.....and everything else.

Thanks so much for requesting! I hope you enjoyed it. I'll be trying to get the others done as soon as possible! Stay safe!)