• Stressing to Impress • Season 3! Kai x Season 3! Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by DatWeirdo12

~~~~~~~

Third Person POV

"Kick with intensity, Jay! You're kicking, but it's lacking power behind it. Do it with passion! Kick like the person you are kicking at is threatening Nya," Garmadon urged as Jay flung his leg into the air again.

Sensei Wu had some errands, so it was up to Sensei Garmadon to train the ninja. All of the ninja were giving it their all, seeing as how they had a different trainer.

Sensei Wu was nothing like Garmadon when it came to training. Garmadon pushed them to their absolute hardest, while Wu would be rather soft when it came to intensity with things like punching.

Garmadon circled around the room, observing his pupils, until one caught his eye. He stopped with a smile, and said, "Excellent form, Kai."

Such words were enough to make Kai try harder to impress.

Nya picked up on Kai being a try-hard, now that Garmadon was in charge. She wasn't sure why he was trying to get his attention, but she knew something was up.

"All right, break! Next, we'll have sparring, so get a drink or use the bathroom while you can."

Nya followed Kai to the bench for the break. Before Kai could process anything, Nya whispered, "What's with you? You don't usually train this hard."

He felt his cheeks flush at the question. He shrugged as he put his water bottle to his lips.

Sensei Garmadon walked by, making Kai sit up straight. Soon enough, it hit Nya. Kai had a crush.....on their new Sensei..?

Her face melted into a confused and disgusted expression as she stared at her starry-eyed brother.

"You have a crush on Sensei Garmadon?" She gasped, making Kai nearly spit out his water. He whipped his hand up to cover her mouth.

He looked around, whispering in return, "Keep it down, the whole monastery doesn't need to know!"

She ripped his hand off of her mouth. "But you really do have a crush on him?"

He held an embarrassed expression on his face, nodding his head. She almost laughed as he buried his cheeks in his hands.

"If you tell anyone about it, you are so dead!"

"Fine. But he'll pick up on your weird behavior soon, and then it'll all be over. You had better hope that I'm not around when it happens, because I'll laugh," She snickered as she got up, slapping her hand on his shoulder.

Her words made Kai weak to the knees. She was right; it would be so embarrassing if he exposed his secret to the whole class. He'd be the butt of all jokes for months! Perhaps years! Hopefully, she wouldn't tell him anything about it.

Suddenly, Garmadon was standing in front of him, looking down at him, snapping his fingers to get his attention.

"Kai, I need to...-. Why are you sweating so much?" He pointed out.

Kai felt like crawling under the bench. He wiped his large beads of sweat with his sleeve, trying to muster up a calm expression. "No reason! Just....hard exercising, I guess."

"Well, I suppose I can understand that. May you come with me? I need to talk with you."

Uh-oh.

~~~~~~~~~~

The two were by themselves outside of the monastery.

Sensei Garmadon told his students to practice their form before he came back. The sounds of exertion that were coming from the building provided as a background noise to the crickets in the grass.

Kai was Fidget City™. As soon as he heard the dreaded words, his stomach began to cartwheel. Following Garmadon down the empty, quiet halls with his racing heartbeat being the only sound was like walking through a flooded room, waiting for the water to fill it to the ceiling.

Kai felt his leg bouncing, trying to hold it still didn't work. Kai was sat on a bench while Garmadon stood up still, back facing Kai.

"Before we start..." Garmadon's voice pierced their silence, making Kai jump at the sudden sound.

Garmadon turned to face him. "....is there anything that you'd like to tell me, Kai?"

Kai shook his head, swallowing a lump in his throat.

Garmadon tilted his head. "Well, Nya told me that you had something you wanted to tell me. What is it?"

Nya! He should've known!

"Well...no, no, no. It's, ha, it's nothing, Sensei," Kai stumbled to his feet. This was pure evil to endure.

He laughed awkwardly and made an attempt to walk by him. Garmadon gripped his arm, stopping him dead in his tracks before he could leave the area.

"I don't think that you are telling the truth, Kai. Tell me what's bothering you," Garmadon uttered into his ear.

Kai didn't like seeing the determination to get the answers out of him in his eyes. It wasn't just determination, it was passion. This wasn't going to end anytime soon, so he shut his eyes, scrunched up his face, and blurted out, "I have a crush on you, Sensei."

Garmadon's mouth fell open. Kai opened his eyes to see the complete and utter shock on him. The moment he felt his arm being released, his felt his knees sinking to the ground.

"I'm sorry, Sensei," He mumbled. Why, why, why, why, why did Nya have to tell him?

Before he could run off, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Opening his eyes to see a warm smile adorning Sensei Garmadon's face wasn't at all what he expected.

One of his hands reached up to cup Kai's chin, leaning closer to plant a kiss on his forehead.

A strangled noise left Kai's mouth, now agate, letting stutters and sputters leak out. Garmadon was met with his surprised expression when he pulled away.

"You don't have to be sorry about anything, Kai," He chuckled, letting his cheek.

Kai felt his face light up, finally allowing a smile. It felt so good to come clean, and for things to work out.

With all of the commotion, the pair didn't even notice that the noises from the monastery had completely stopped. The ninja were staring out of the window, Nya in front of them jumping up and down.

"Ha-ha! I told you he'd do it! My brother isn't a chicken! Now, pay up!" She laughed as the others groaned, searching through their pockets.

Word Count: 1,056 Words.

(Thanks for requesting! I am so sorry for not getting it done earlier. I didn't see it until I had posted the previous chapter.

Happy 2020! I am SO glad that 2019 is over. It was most likely the worst year I've had. But, now it's over. Yay. Hype for the new Animal Crossing game is at an all time high for me! {J-just a few more months.....}

I'm trying to get the chapters done, but bad news keeps coming up. My grandpa passed away a few weeks ago, I have to go to a spine surgeon on Tuesday to get my back checked out what with my scoliosis issue, my mom still has about five chemo treatments to go to, the world is on the verge of war, bleh.

Anyways, I'll try to get the chapters done with. I hope you all liked this, seeing as how the ship isn't everyone's cup of tea. [It's not really my cup of tea, either. I just make them so people can be happy.] Thanks for everything!!)