• Help Is On The Way • Teen! Garmadon x Teen! Wu

(Don't worry, this is most definitely platonic! No "Sweet Home Alabama" here!)

• Requested by @Colekessler1 •

Third Person POV

Wu watched impatiently as the kettle on the stove steamed and whistled. He finally grabbed the lid off of the teapot, a big cloud of steam rising up. He slapped a green tea bag into the boiling water, slamming the lid down to preserve the heat.

While waiting for the tea to steep, Wu sprinted across the room to grab one of his father's tea trays. Setting it down, he reached into a cabinet to pull out a small cup. He placed the cup down on the tray, stretching his arms out to grab the pot full of now green tea. He quickly poured a cup full, put the pot down on the tray, and swiftly made his way to the bathroom.

There sat his brother, leaning against the wall, as pale as a sheet of paper.

Wu sat down beside him, making him slowly turn his head to face him.

"Wu..." He groaned softly.

Wu shushed him and carefully handed him the steaming cup.

"Maybe this will help, brother," Wu smiled with a very forced encouraging tone.

Garmadon stared down at the cup before hesitantly taking a sip of it. The two sat extremely still, waiting for the soothing drink to take an effect.

Suddenly, Garmadon dropped the cup, leaned forward against the toilet, and began violently gagging.

"Ugh! But Father said that green tea was supposed to help stomach viruses!" Wu exclaimed in anger, wringing his scalp.

Over the past few days, Garmadon had been suffering from an illness called gastroenteritis. (Gastroenteritis is the technical word for "stomach flu") For each of these days, he couldn't drink or eat anything without it coming out promptly after ingesting it.

As for at the moment, that minimal sip of tea was too much for his aching stomach.

"Is...is there anything I can do?" Wu asked, reaching out his hand to touch his brother's shoulder.

Garmadon gave no response, aside from throwing up even more, giving Wu enough of a response to leave.

He picked up the tray and left for the kitchen. Once he stood in front of the counter, he slammed the tray down, the tea pot wobbling around atop it.

"It should've worked," Wu muttered, staring down at the blue pot. He picked it up, taking it to the sink to begin pouring it down the sink.

"Such a waste of a fine drink, don't you think?"

Wu stopped and turned around to see his father watching him with caring eyes.

"Father, I'm at a loss. I've tried so hard to help him! I've tried teas, elixirs, but nothing is working!"

The older man smiled from ear to ear, shaking his head as he approached his son.

"Have you tried having faith?" He thoughtfully suggested. Wu didn't find it as insightful as he did, though.

Anger rose up into his throat as he said, "Father, faith isn't going to-."

"Have you learned nothing from what I've taught you about faith?" He scolded.

Wu shrunk back. His father, once again, was right.

"I'm sorry, Father. I just want to help him," He sighed.

"Perhaps you should simply be there for him. Read him a book, he would like that."

Wu cringed. Of course, he would like that. He was always the bookworm. But with Wu, it was different. Reading was the bane of his existence. It was just too boring!

But, if it would make Garmadon feel happy, he'd do it, so he nodded his head, and took off to find a suitable story for him.

As for Garmadon, he had finally reached the end of his bout of throwing up and was laying in fetal position on the cold floor.

All liquids were drained from his body, leaving him feeling as limp and weak as a wet dish towel.

His eyelids were fluttering open and closed in a dazed limbo between sleep. Before he got the chance to fall into slumber, the door to the bathroom opened.

Looking up, he saw the concerned face of his brother looking back down at him. Garmadon took notice that he had something tucked under his arm as he found a place to sit beside his relaxed form.

Wu pulled the long, tall book out from under his arm and set it down in his lap. He opened it, turning past the index pages to the first chapter.

Wu cleared his throat, and began, "'In a hole in the ground, there lived a Hobbit.'"

He glanced down from the book to see a wide, surprised smile on Garmadon's face. He smiled in return, and continued reading.

Word Count: 763 Words.

(Well, how do you like that?! Two chapters in one day! That suffices for a "Sorry for being lazy" gift, I guess.

The story referenced is an excerpt from J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit. All rights to it go to J. R. R. Tolkien for writing such a piece of art! I recommend reading it if you haven't!

Thanks to @Colekessler1 for requesting the idea! This one hit a little too close to home for me, so I figured out how to put it into words pretty quickly.

Also, I think my app may be bugging out, because whenever I tag people in these things, it doesn't do right, so I am sorry if it doesn't notify you if I tag you in a chapter.

Thank you for reading! I'll try to get more of these things done, so please keep holding onto your requests just until I get them all out. I might be doing special requests when I get done with this batch, so keep 'em to yourself, please!

Thanks again for reading! Have a good day!)