• Search And Rescue • S3! Lloyd x S3! Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by @Mystsong •

Third Person POV

"Uh, Kai, are you sure about bringing the Senseis with us?"

"Yeah. You know this mission is as important to them as it is to us. We can't afford to fail."

"That's just my problem; are you sure the...the old-timers won't slow us down?"

Both Kai and Jay snapped up when they felt a presence. Looking up to see Sensei Garmadon made them both a bit clammy.

"Hello, you two." He forced a smile as he spoke. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. Is there a problem?"

Jay opened his mouth but was immediately shut up by Kai's hand slapping over it. "Nope, no problem at all, Sensei!" Kai blurted out.

Garmadon crossed his arms behind his back. "Really? If that's the case, that's good. I'd hate for there to be a hitch in the plan to rescue my son. So, I'm glad we cleared that up."

As Garmadon strolled away, Kai whispered, "Guess we don't have a choice."

~~~~~~~~~~

Lloyd opened his eyes to the new surroundings.

It was dark; the only light was across the room from him, barely breaking through the thick veil of shadows.

He rose to his feet, stumbling forward to bump into a glass wall. Upon examining his situation, he was in a glass cylinder-shaped trap.

"So...you're finally awake."

Lloyd jumped at the voice, turning to see a TV screen with the Overlord's eyes glaring at him.

"Where am I? What do you want from me?" Lloyd growled through gritted teeth.

The Overlord hissed, "Isn't it obvious? By now, it should be."

Before Lloyd could retort, he felt a sharp pain surging through his body. Through squinted eyes, he saw beams of golden light swirling around him.

He collapsed to the ground, groaning, "No...ugh."

"I want your power, and because you won't give it to me, I'll rip it out of you!"

Before the Overlord could say anything else, Lloyd passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, so we've all gone over the plan. Everyone knows what they're going to be doing, right?" Nya asked.

A scattered positive response filled the room.

"Now, remember; we can't afford to lose. The number one priority is to get Lloyd out, nothing else. There's no time to lose. Now, go!"

Everyone took off.

The plan was simple enough; Cole and Jay secured the front, Kai and Zane secured the back, all while Sensei Wu and Sensei Garmadon searched the complex. Pixal and Nya were responsible for an eventual getaway. Everything was airtight. Or so it seemed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lloyd could barely open his eyes. Never had he imagined that getting his powers drained from him would feel this bad.

He could hear the Overlord talking, but he couldn't interpret what he was saying.

Suddenly, a loud, blaring alarm began ringing out, followed by the flashing of red lights.

Lloyd tried to raise his head, hearing the Overlord's shrill scream. "The ninja are here! Push them back!"

Even in the moment of happiness, Lloyd could barely celebrate it. The Overlord harshly snarled, "Don't get your hopes up in your pathetic friends. By the time they find you, you'll be far from saving."

Lloyd cried out as the pain increased. All he could do was hope and pray that his friends would find him quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~

After totally dismantling several Nindroids, Wu looked around.

"Okay, I think we should-."

"Garmadon..? Wait! Garmadon, we need to do this as a team!"

It was too late for reasoning. Garmadon had taken off, running as fast as his legs could take him down the halls.

He checked in every room with no success. He stopped his frantic searching to catch his breath and recollect himself.

Before he could rush off to another room, a bright flash of golden light came from a crack in a door at the end of the dark hallway.

"...Lloyd?" He whispered to himself in all hopefulness.

He then heard a blood-curdling scream come from the same direction.

"Lloyd!"

~~~~~~~~~~

The next minutes for Lloyd were a haze.

He heard crashing, shouting, the Overlord's raspy voice tearing through the cacophony of noises. All of it blurred together as he laid still, gasping for breath. All at once, the golden beams of light that swirled around him stopped, reverting the room to a dark red tint.

Then a hand punched through the glass, sending small fractals to the ground around his limp body. He tried to look up at the figure, unable to make out who it was.

"Who...ugh..what are you...doing....?" He managed to groan.

"Shh." The figure lifted him off the ground with a grunt. "Just rest now. You'll be okay."

You'll be okay.

That echoed in Lloyd's head as he closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

When Lloyd opened his eyes again, the light was blinding. He guessed he was outside now. But where now?

It suddenly occurred to him that he was still being carried. He turned his head to see a familiar smiling face. He couldn't believe his eyes. With a shaking voice, he croaked, "Dad?"

With a gentle hand pressed against his precious son's face, Garmadon whispered, "It's okay now, Lloyd."

Lloyd weakly flung his arms further around his father's neck, hugging him as tight as he could. "I thought you were dead!" He cried into his shoulder.

Garmadon pulled him close, cradling him against his body. Lloyd pulled away to look at him again to make sure he really wasn't dreaming.

"Please don't ever do that again," Lloyd sniffled. "I promise I'll listen to you."

Garmadon pressed his mouth against the corner of Lloyd's eye before whispering, "It's okay, it wasn't your fault. I'm not going anywhere, Lloyd. I promise."

Word Count: 945 Words.

(Hello, everyone! Here's your new chapter! I should have a new one out soon, but I'll have to work at it, so please be patient.

I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words on the last chapter. I'm quite scared for the future, but I'm glad there's some people that believe I can do good things.

Thanks for reading! And thanks to @Mystsong for the request! I hope you don't mind that I themed it after that one thing that happened in season three. I thought it fit nicely. If there are any typos/dumb stuff, please let me know so I can fix it!

I'll see you all later hopefully! Stay safe!

- your sleepy author, Abbey :] )