• Pumpkin Spice and All Things Nice • Vinny x Emperor! Garmadon

• Requested by nobody! Have some fall-themed survivalshipping as a treat! •

Third Person POV

"How about this one, Garm?"

Garmadon turned his head to see Vinny straining his guts out to lift a rather large pumpkin off the ground.

He scoffed, rolling his eyes playfully. "You're going to hurt yourself trying to pick that up," He sighed, walking over to help him put it down.

Vinny groaned, rubbing a knot out of his back. "Thanks. But which one do you think we should get?"

Garmadon glanced around at the pumpkins on the ground. "Well...if we are indeed planning on putting something on the side of it, a small one shouldn't be the proper choice. Perhaps a bigger one."

Vinny walked over to one and questioningly pointed at it.

"Not that big."

Vinny sighed, walking over to another one. A grunt of disapproval made him walk over to yet another.

Vinny cursed himself for suggesting to make jack-o-lanterns with Garmadon. He was like a child; questioning everything and tirelessly trying to find the perfect one. But after spending nearly a whole day to find that one pumpkin, Vinny began to grow restless.

"Stop!! Right there!"

The suddenness of Garmadon's voice made Vinny stop in his tracks as he snapped his head down to his feet.

There it sat; not too big, not too small. Not too flat, not too tall. It was, in a word, perfect.

Vinny smiled as he picked it up. "So, this is the one?"

"Yes. Unless you would like to wander around here for three more hours...?"

"No, thanks. Let's just get this thing home so we can work on it!"

~~~~~

"Garm, I can carry it. It's not that heavy."

"And make you strain yourself? Never." Garmadon only lifted the pumpkin higher in the air.

Vinny giggled and rolled his eyes. He silently agreed to Garmadon's act of kindness and unlocked the door to their shared apartment.

As he walked in the room, he threw his jacket to the coat hanger, missing it entirely. "Okay! Put the pumpkin on the table and I'll get the knife!"

Garmadon froze as he heard the last of his sentence. "Knife...?"

Vinny turned to look at him. "Yeah. You can't carve a pumpkin without a knife."

Garmadon nodded, setting the pumpkin down with a mighty thump. As he did so, Vinny arrived by his side with a handful of assorted knives. Big ones, little ones, and some with jagged edges. 

Garmadon picked one up and examined it as Vinny began to trace a face on the pumpkin with a marker. He stopped as soon as he heard a grinding noise.

"Garmadon! What are you doing?"  Vinny exclaimed, watching Garmadon roughly drag the knife across his teeth in a circular motion.

"What? I thought you liked my sharp teeth. Did you think they just happened to be sharp overnight?"

Vinny flinched slightly, laughing nervously. "Uhh, let's just focus on the pumpkin." 

Without a warning, Vinny slammed the pointed end of the knife into the top of the pumpkin. He stopped when he felt Garmadon's warm and heavy breathing against his neck.