• Change • Lloyd x Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by @bazzledGarmadon •

Third Person POV

Lloyd sat by the window with his knees hugged to his chest. He stared outside at the long gray clouds that covered the sky. Whether it would rain or snow, he didn't know nor care. 

He felt odd; like his eyeballs were heavy, weighed down with tears that were growing close to fall with each second. But at the same time, it felt like he literally couldn't cry, even if he wanted to. A consistent pain was tugging at his heart, making it feel like it was hardly beating. 

It had been a month since it all happened. Why did he still hurt so bad? 

The door to his bedroom opened slowly. He barely reacted, aside from looking over to see who it was. 

"Good morning, Lloyd," Garmadon hummed. "You're up early." 

Lloyd glanced at the clock. "It's only....eight in the morning...?"

"It's earlier than you were up yesterday."

Lloyd forced a laugh, continuing to stare out the window. 

Garmadon sat down beside him, analyzing his features. Something was wrong, and he knew what it was. He knew he couldn't just come right out and confront him about it, so he tried to make a series of conversations to jumpstart it.

"How'd you sleep last night?"

"Good."

"How're your friends doing?"

"....I don't really know."

"Do you need anything? Something to eat or drink?"

"No, thanks."

Ouch. 

Each reply felt like a stab of cold air. Garmadon leaned his head against the window, looking out in the direction Lloyd was. Small snowflakes were now drifting down from the heavy clouds. As he was about to point it out, he looked back at Lloyd. 

"Lloyd,...-" Garmadon stopped when he noticed a tear rolling down Lloyd's face. He reached out, extending his finger to swipe the tear away before it dripped off his cheek. He cupped Lloyd's cheek, whispering, "It's Zane, isn't it?" 

Lloyd sniffled and nodded, leaning his head into the touch. "I-I don't know why...why I can't get it out of my head."

"Oh, Lloyd." Garmadon scooted closer to Lloyd and pulled him against his body, wrapping his arms around his small frame. "Nobody ever said you had to get it out of your head. No matter how much time passes, it'll still be there."

Lloyd sobbed, clenching his fists around the fabric on his sleeves. Garmadon tucked Lloyd's head against his chin, gently pressing a kiss into his hair.

"Everything is just happening too fast, isn't it?" He sighed. "I miss him, too." 

"I...I just wish everything would go back to the way it used to be. Why did it all have to change?" 

The two sat in silence, watching the snow fall. Garmadon suddenly decided to ask, "How come your friends haven't visited?"

Lloyd rubbed his nose on his sleeve, mumbling into his chest, "I don't know. They haven't responded to my texts or calls."

Garmadon raised a brow at his response. "Why not?"

"I don't know. It's been like this since..." Lloyd's voice trailed off.

The room fell silent, save for the quiet hiccups and sniffles that continued to spill from Lloyd's mouth. 

"That needs to change. Now."

Word Count: 505 Words. 

(Hello! I finally managed to get one out on schedule! I just might be able to get another one out later today, too, so stay tuned!

Here's this tiny tidbit of angst! You would not believe how many angst requests are in the queue. You all just like to see Lloyd cry, don't you? :] You bunch of sad sacks. Don't worry, more's on the way. :]

Thanks for the request @bazzledGarmadon! I very much appreciated it! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this! I know it's a little shorter than most of my stuff, but I'm trying to save some inspiration for the rest of the angst chapters on the horizon. As always, if there are any typos or dumb stuff that doesn't make sense, let me know so I can fix it!

Thanks for reading! I hope to see you all later! Stay safe!

- your sleepy author, Abbey :]     )