• Private Session • Sensei! Garmadon x Lloyd

• Requested by Samira-san

Third Person POV

It was a quiet Sunday morning in Ninjago. The sun slowly blanketed the hills, the dew on the grass was glistening in its beams. 

All across the land, the citizens of Ninjago were waking up after a peaceful night of rest. Some of them, anyway.

~~~~~~

The sun was now trying to peek through Lloyd's thin curtains.

His bed appeared to have a human burrito on it as he was tightly wrapped, head to toe, in his bed sheets.

He succumbed to the annoying sound of his alarm clock as he finally rolled off of the bed, making a very loud thud.

Poking his head out of the covers, Lloyd struggled to unravel the sheets coiled around his legs. He breathed out, looking at the clock on his nightstand. 8:30? Already?! Lloyd thought. I must've slept in again.

He peeked out his bedroom door, listening for any noise. Much to his luck, everyone else was sleeping in, too.

He creeped his way down the hall, trying his almighty best to not make the floor creak.

He finally made it to the garden; a quiet, shady space made for growing Wu's tea plants.

For months, Lloyd arose early in the morning to practice a very difficult fighting style in this garden. It seemed to come easy to all of his companions, but he couldn't quite grasp it. In fact, he was terrible at it. He strived to do it in the wee hours of the morning, while everyone was asleep, so nobody could ridicule or playfully mock him for his failure.

Like always, Lloyd began with meditation. He sat cross legged on the soft grass, closed his eyes, and took deep breaths. According to his father, this was the key to good form.

He remained in the same position for a few minutes. After having breathed in the pollen filled air, he couldn't help but sneeze.

"Bless you." Lloyd jumped at the voice, opening his eyes to see his father looking down at him. So much for waking up early.

"Dad!" He gasped. "H-how long have you been here?"

"Only a few minutes," Garmadon laughed as he sat down next to him. "So, what brings you out this early?"

"Oh, it's...it's nothing, just...you know," he fumbled over his words. "... I just wanted to start early. Practicing, I mean. Early bird catches the worm, I guess."

"I understand that. But why aren't you doing it with your friends?"

Oof. He just had to ask that. Lloyd mentally cringed. "Well, I just want to perfect it, without anyone watching," he shrugged.

"If you need it, I can help you. I don't mind," Garmadon nudged his shoulder.

There's no backing away from an offer in his family's house, so Lloyd smiled, "Okay."

Garmadon got up, letting out a puff of air. Lloyd hesitantly followed his motion, standing up straight to face him. His father tapped his staff on the ground once.

"Attack me."

Lloyd stood still, dazed almost, maybe too scared to move.

Garmadon took notice immediately. With his eyes squinting slightly, he asked, "Did you hear me, Lloyd? I said, 'Attack me.'"

Lloyd snapped his wrist out to strike, but to no avail as his father took a single step back.

"You aren't really yourself today, are you?" He chuckled, poking him with his long staff.

Lloyd shook his head as he returned to his position. "I'm fine."

"Well, then..." Garmadon put his staff down. "Suppose I should test just how 'fine' you are."

Lloyd's eyes grew big. This wasn't good. The last time someone sparred with his father, it nearly landed his friend in the hospital! (And to this day, Jay refuses to volunteer when in Garmadon's class.)

He brushed his silvery hair out of his face, stretching his limbs a bit. He raised his fists, and said once more, "Attack me."

Lloyd threw a punch at his shoulder, only for him to dodge again. Lloyd grunted angrily as he threw a kick to his side. Garmadon caught his leg with a firm grip.

Lloyd grinned; his distraction worked perfectly. He, then, threw a strong punch to Garmadon's jaw, releasing him from the iron grip. Garmadon was hunched on the ground, holding his face in his hands. Lloyd suddenly felt a wave of guilt sweep over him. Did he hurt him?!

"Dad? Are you okay?" He asked as he knelt down to check.

Too bad for Lloyd's ever so caring self, it was a trap. Garmadon grinned as he pounced on Lloyd, pinning him to the ground.

"Gotcha," Garmadon teased.

Laughing at himself, Lloyd struggled to push him off, but Garmadon didn't budge.

"Dad!" Lloyd breathlessly huffed out a laugh. "Get off!"

"You can try harder than that, Lloyd."

He was right. Lloyd smirked as an idea sprouted in his brain. He reached out and poked Garmadon's side. He instantly flinched back, releasing him from his trap, to which Lloyd grinned successfully.

Lloyd stood up to help Garmadon.

"You fight dirty," Garmadon uttered, accepting the act of kindness.

Lloyd grinned as he stood eye level with him. "I had a great teacher."

They both stopped in their tracks when they saw a horrible sight; a crushed bush.

"Oh, no," Lloyd groaned, pointing at the now trampled plant. "Isn't that Uncle Wu's favorite tea plant?"

The two were silent for a moment until Garmadon finally said, "He has a plenty of tea plants, so I'm sure this one won't matter much."

With that, the two creeped off back to the monastery. Although Garmadon didn't worry about the plant, Lloyd still felt bad about it.

"Hey, Dad? How long do you think it will take for Uncle Wu to find the-?"

"WHO DESTROYED ONE OF MY TEA PLANTS?!" A voice rang out through the monastery, nearly making the two jump out of their skins.

Uh-oh.

Word Count: 982 Words.

(Hi! Life is being an endless supply of bad things and the world is being held together with duct tape and glitter glue, but hey! At least I was able to get off my lazy, self-loathing butt to make this chapter!

Thanks for requesting it! I might open requests this weekend, but I'm not sure. I've been on the fence about making paid commission chapters due to family reasons, but I don't know how to make a PayPal so.... :\

Anyway, remember the COVID-19 rules!:

• Wash your hands!
• Stay inside!
• Cover your cough!
• Drink water!
• Eat vegetables!
• Don't use all the toilet paper!
• Don't be a jerky panic buyer/hoarder!
• And above all, don't panic!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you all stay safe during this trying time! I'll see you guys later!)