∆ The Best Part of Waking Up? ∆ Sensei! Garmadon x Kai

Requested by moonriseprime

(This is a part three [yes, three!] of "Take Care," a precursor to "Good Morning")

Third Person POV

Garmadon smirked as he put the extra roll of gauze back into the tackle box. He shut the box, turning to join the others for breakfast.

The door to the kitchen was slightly open, and he could hear the faint sound of laughter. Peeking through the crack, he saw the reason.

"Yeah, yeah, ha ha ha. Laugh it all up, why don't you?" Kai's bedazzled self grumbled, taking a seat beside Lloyd.

"What happened last night, Kai? How'd this happen?" Zane inquired as he flipped a pancake.

"It was Nindroids. I was ganged up on by a bunch of them, they beat me up, then left me in the woods," Kai explained, poking his fork into the table.

"Well, that doesn't explain the girly band-aids!" Jay laughed as he pounced his fist on the table. "Did they paint your nails, too?"

A roar of laughter from his fellow ninjas followed Jay's comment. Kai covered his red face.

Zane was exasperated by their behavior. He couldn't stand to hear them belittling him, or anyone for that matter. He put a plate of steaming pancakes in front of each of his friends. After doing so, he took off his apron and sat down. "Kai, how did you even get back here? You didn't walk here, did you?"

Kai nodded his head. Lloyd playfully hit his shoulder. "At least you made it back safely. Anyway," he gestured to his bandages. "Did you fix yourself up, too?"

Kai stiffened up. Memories of the morning began to replay in his mind. "No, I didn't," he managed to say. "When I got here, Sensei Garmadon helped me."

"Thought so," Lloyd laughed. "I can recognize those band-aids; they're the ones that Father uses for his students."

"Teacher's pet," Cole taunted, taking a sip of coffee.

"I'm not a teacher's pet! He just wanted to help!" Kai waved his arms around to emphasize his words.

Garmadon decided to walk in, at which Lloyd took attention and greeted him with a smile.

"Good morning, everyone," Garmadon greeted as he stood at the counter, preparing a cup of tea.

The ninja hummed a "Good morning" for a reply, acting like the last conversation didn't happen. That didn't stop Kai from shooting a death glare to Cole's carefree expression.

Once he finished, Garmadon sat beside Kai, making an unfair amount of butterflies to take flight in Kai's stomach. It didn't help when Garmadon nudged his shoulder, getting his attention, and winking at him.

"So, are you doing better this morning, Kai?" Garmadon innocently asked, stirring sugar into his tea.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm doing great," Kai mumbled.

Kai held his attention to the fork he was tapping on his finger. He almost stabbed himself with it when he felt Garmadon's wrinkled finger tracing his jawline.

"Good..." He said quietly, retracting his hand from Kai's face.

All of the ninja, especially Lloyd, sat, completely dumbstruck. Did he just do what they thought he did?!

Kai felt rather faint. He instantly turned his attention to his mentor's smiling face. An idea made Kai grin from ear to ear with the most mischievous gleam in his eyes. Cole, Jay, and Nya saw the look on his face and began to murmur to each other.

Finally, Nya decided to pipe up, "Are you okay, Kai?"

Kai looked her square in the face, still holding the same expression, and chirped, "Yeah, I'm great!"

Whilst replying to Nya, he sneaked a hand down to Garmadon's leg, gently grasping above his knee. Garmadon nearly choked on his tea that he continued sipping on before the whole thing unfolded. He saw Kai, the little devil, smirk at him out of the corner of his eye.

Weirded out, the other ninja quickly finished their breakfast. Each one left until it was just Lloyd, Zane, Kai, and Sensei Garmadon at the table.

Kai had stopped his brash action, finally said, "Hm, it got really hot in here, didn't it?" and proceeded to happily eat his pancake.

Garmadon's face was beet red as he finished his tea. He stood up quickly, put his empty cup in the sink, and left the room. Kai copied his motions by following him outside, leaving Lloyd and Zane at the table, gawking at each other.

Garmadon increased his walking pace, noticing that he was being followed. Kai stumbled quickly to get in front of him, backing him into the wall of the monastery.

Kai stared up into his eyes. Garmadon broke the silence by whisper-shouting, "What was that all about?"

Kai shrugged, "Nothing. Just getting even."

"Even with what? Because they found your new look funny?"

Kai snarled under his breath, backing away. The silence was unbearable. Garmadon was about to leave, but Kai grabbed him by his shirt's collar, pulling him into a kiss.

Garmadon made a hysterical noise before melting into the action. Before he had time to fully react, Kai pulled away, turning on his heels to enter the monastery.

As he watched the proud boy sashay his way into the temple, Garmadon muttered a few things under his breath, rubbing the back of his head.

Kai ended up having to jog fifty laps around the dojo, even in his bruised and battered condition, while holding a bucket of water over his head, as punishment for his behavior.

But since Kai was already content with himself, he didn't mind the extra work.

Word Count: 922 Words.

(Boom! Last request done! Tomorrow, I'll open up requests, I suppose. Please make sure to follow the guidelines carefully and put all requests in the "Insert Requests Here!" chapter!

I hope you enjoyed reading this! This was as, um, suggestive as I'll go, so don't expect much more of that weirdness in future chapters.

I cannot believe how much this book has blown up! 11.9 thousand views?! Seriously?! Thank you guys so much!

I hope I can keep providing entertainment and enjoyment through this difficult time. Stay safe!)