• Comfort Zone • Sensei! Garmadon x Female!Reader

• Requested by Annette227

(Little author's note:

1.) Y/N means your name.

And

2.) FYI, this will NOT be romantic. Due to the fact that most readers are rather young, and only God and Mr. Andreasan knows how old Garmadon is, this will be platonic. If you aren't satisfied with it being platonic and/or wished for it to be romantic, I suppose I can make a different chapter. Sorry in advance! -Your sleepy author )

Third Person POV (I think?)

You woke up, heart pounding, mind racing, sweat dripping off of your limbs.

After sitting upright in the bed, you glanced over at the digital alarm clock on your nightstand. In boldly neon green lighting, the clock read "3:34 AM."

Sighing, you flopped down onto the pillows and rubbed your eyes.

Not again... You thought as almost every night in the past week flooded your weary mind.

Sadly, you've been plagued by unrelenting nightmares for nights on end. You've tried anything, everything, to try to have a full night of sleep, but nothing was working. Drinking warm milk, restraint from eating at an absurd time, heck, even pacing around to make yourself tired! None of it worked!

And here you were, another night of sleep going down the drain yet again. Not knowing what else to do, you stood up and began pacing in your small room.

After navigating the dark room once, you noticed a soft light from the crevice of your bedroom's sliding screen door.

Who's up at this time..? You thought, peeking into the crack for a closer glimpse.

The light was coming from a small lamp in the living room. Perhaps someone left it on by accident? Or maybe.....someone broke in?!

As your mind wandered toward the latter, you grabbed the closest thing to a weapon, which happened to be a long, blue umbrella, and quietly tiptoed into the living room.

Sure enough, there was a figure sitting in one of the living room chairs, though you couldn't quite make out who it was. You raised the umbrella high, ready to strike. As you were about to swing it, you heard a low, but nearby voice.

"You couldn't possibly think that you'd use that as a weapon, would you?"

You froze and lowered the umbrella. The man chuckled lightly as you stepped forward to see him. It was your new Sensei, sitting cross legged in the reclining chair.

"Ah, Y/N. What are you doing up at this time?" He mused, leaning his head into his hand.

"I could ask you the same thing..." You mumbled as you went to sit down on the loveseat across from him.

He tilted his head, and replied, "I couldn't sleep, so I decided to get up and meditate. Now, what about you?"

You bit your lip as you nervously swayed in your seat, still clutching the umbrella.

He must've noticed your anxious movements. He snickered and said, "It's okay, Y/N, you can trust me. I promise."

Could you? You have been used to Sensei Wu and his weird mannerisms. But Garmadon? He was a different story. His past was still an issue that you were yet to forgive.

You tried to think up an explanation besides the fact that you had a nightmare. Sure, it was the childish way out to lie, but you didn't want to sound like a baby.

"I...I just decided to get up. The stars are nice to look at."

"It's raining." Garmadon pointed to the window, and sure enough, the sky was covered with clouds, the rain was dripping down the glass, and there were no stars in sight. "I believe that you chose a poor night to look at the stars."

"Yeah.." You cracked a weak smile, rubbing the back of your neck.

He stared at you for a bit, waiting for you to say something else. But as you sat quietly, he decided to lay off.

"Well, if you'd like to meditate with me, I don't mind," He smiled calmly.

You looked around, beginning to stand up. He raised his hand. "You can stay where you are."

You sat back down and brought your legs to your chest. "So, um, how do I do this?"

"Sit with your legs crossed," He explained as you followed his motions. "Then, put your hands flat on your knees and close your eyes. Focus on breathing, but most importantly, focus on clearing your mind."

After you complied, you began breathing deeply. He continued talking you through the instructions, but without meaning to, you felt yourself drifting off to sleep.

Garmadon took notice that your head was lulling back and forth, and got to his feet, quietly making his way to you. It was when he sat down beside you that made you jerk your head up, opening your eyes.

"I'm awake...!" You mumbled softly.

"I think there's something you aren't telling me. You're obviously exhausted. Why aren't you in bed?"

Wonderful. The question you tried so hard to avoid came back.

"I'm fine. I wasn't tired."

"But you are," Garmadon raised an eyebrow, examining your face, the dark bags under your eyes looking heavy enough to pull your head down. "It's almost like you're scared to....." His face was devoid of all emotions as he began putting the pieces together.

You felt his worried gaze burning into you as you sleepily stared at the umbrella in your hands. He brought a hand forward and softly placed it on one of yours.

"Is something bothering you? You can tell me."

You hesitated at first, but finally managed to whimper, "I had a nightmare. I couldn't sleep because I had a nightmare."

You couldn't bring yourself to look at him. He probably thought you were the most immature person in the building by now. Instead, he carefully took the umbrella out of your hands, set it down on the low table, and pulled you into a warm hug.

"It's nothing to ashamed of, Y/N, I get them, too," He whispered into your ear as he rubbed your back.

You hugged back, feeling like a weight was lifted off your shoulders. Unfortunately, you couldn't really tell him how glad you were due to the fact that you were still sleepy and it was still the middle of the night.

In mere seconds, you were limp in his embrace, fast asleep. He discovered it when he tried to pull away and you leaned into his body.

He smiled as he gently laid your body on the long couch. He got up,  careful to not wake you up, and went to grab a blanket for you.

When he came back, you were in fetal position, trembling and tearfully muttering from another nightmare.

He moved fast. Wrapping a blanket around your shaking shoulders, he sat next to where your head rested. He placed his hand on your forehead, rubbing his thumb over it softly as he whispered comforting things to you. Your form relaxed, and breathing steadied after a small while.

He continued this until he also drifted off to sleep.

Word Count: 1,184 Words.

(Stopping it there because it could go on forever I think lol

Hey, how ya doing, guys?! It's currently like 4 AM and I'm unable to go back to sleep, so I thought I'd try to put my sleep-deprived butt to work. Makes me wish I had a personal, sleep/nightmare fixer like Garmadon in this....

Anyways, wow, it got longer than I thought it would be, but I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for requesting! I loved writing it. I hope that there's no grammatical errors, but if there are, it's because I'm really tired, sorry. I'll try to go back and fix them later.

I'll see you guys as soon as possible, and hopefully not during the wee hours again! Bye!)