• What Is Love? • Lloyd x Lord! Garmadon

• Requested by @cmt077 

Third Person POV 

Garmadon huffed at the recurring situation. Here he was, once again. 

Standing vacantly in the ninja's cabin, staring at the photos they had. Each one, though different, held the same emotion. It was a warm, fuzzy, happy feeling. All of them were smiling in the pictures; toothy grins, mischievous smirks, and gleeful laughter that you could hear straight from the frames! 

A small grin crept across his lips, stretching his scowl lines in an upward motion as he imagined how each of the scenes unfolded. As soon as it arrived, he forced it back into a frown, craning his neck to peer over his shoulder to make sure nobody saw it. 

He sighed, turning on his heel to leave. He made it to the door until he stopped, something catching him out of the corner of his eye. 

It was that same picture of "him" and Lloyd that Lloyd liked so much. Garmadon found his legs wanderingly stepping up closer to it. The frame was broken, the wooden base was crooked on one side and the cracks in the glass draped over the side of the picture like a lacy curtain. 

Garmadon carefully picked it up, examining the expressions of the two in the small picture. 

Lloyd had a very happy smile. There's a difference between smiling happily and just smiling; Lloyd had a genuinely happy smile, one that he hadn't seen on him since he joined them on their mission. 

He then moved on to himself, who had a calm, caring appearance. A sense of dignity and contentment was emenating off of his face. A tinge of pride was shining in his eyes with a hand on his beloved son's shoulder. 

At this point, Garmadon was holding the small, broken frame up to his face to soak up every detail down to the most minute detail. He couldn't explain the curiosity he felt for it, but it drew him closer and closer. 

"What are you doing?" A voice cut through the silence like a scythe to a stalk of wheat. The sudden noise sent a jolt of surprise through Garmadon's body, almost making him drop the already broken frame. He wheeled his head around to see his son standing in the doorway with his arms tightly crossed against his chest. 

"What do you want?" He snarked, gruffly setting the picture back down on the desk. 

"I just found it suspicious that nobody knew where you were. I'm allowed to be skeptical sometimes," Lloyd stepped forward. "Why were you in here anyway?" 

Garmadon managed to pull off a perfectly stone-faced expression as he gave a huff as a reply. He turned on his heel, striding across the room, making sure to intentionally bump his hip against Lloyd as he made it out. 

Lloyd grumbled, rolling his eyes as he went to follow him. But, before he made it out the door, he turned back to see where Garmadon was once standing. He walked up to the desk, picking up the picture. He smoothed his thumb over a smudge that laid over his father's face. A thought popped into his mind, making him put the picture down and bolt out of the room. 

Garmadon hadn't moved that far from the door after exiting; He stood very still, thinking. When Lloyd ran out the room, he ran smack into his back, almost knocking both of them over. Turning around, Garmadon growled, "Watch where you're going!" as he lifted Lloyd off the ground by the collar of his shirt. 

"You never answered my question." With a raised brow and a scowl, Garmadon lowered him, dropping him. "Why were you in there again?" 

"Why are you so persistent about it? What are you trying to accomplish by knowing?" He hissed, turning his back to Lloyd, walking to the edge of the ship.