~ Rematch ~ Season 10! Lord! Garmadon x Season 10! Lloyd

• Requested by JaydeStone

(This is a part two to the chapter "A Friendly Competition" )

Third Person POV

Ever since Lloyd had started to visit his imprisoned father, he brought different board games every week for the two to bond over.

This time, although he knew the usual ending of this game after playing it with his friends, he chose a special card game.

~~~~~~~

He entered the cell to see Garmadon crossing his arms behind his back, facing the wall, like usual. He turned to face him as Lloyd sat down to begin shuffling the cards. Lloyd focused on dealing the cards, but he couldn't help but giggle as Garmadon picked up the box.

"Uno? What's that?" Garmadon asked as he looked down at his son.

"It's a fun game. Kai said that I should bring it. I thought we could play it today."

"But I don't even know what Uno even means. How am I supposed to know how to play it?" Garmadon tried to make it obvious that he didn't really want to play.

"I can teach you!"

~~~~~~~

An hour had passed before he was done explaining the rules to him.

The card had to either be yellow or with the number six on it. Garmadon became confused as to why the six and nine looked so alike, so he just placed down what he had.

"Uh, that's a nine..." Lloyd pointed out. "You need a six."

".... That is a six! See?"

"No, no, that's a nine, Dad. If you don't have a six, you could just put down a yellow one. Or you could draw another card."

Garmadon huffed and slammed down a yellow card.

Lloyd shook his head and smiled, putting down a "Draw 4" card.

Garmadon gawked at it and then looked back up at Lloyd.

"What does this mean? You never explained this card."

"It means you have to draw four extra cards and that I can choose the color. So, you take these four cards..." He handed him the randomly picked cards. "... And I choose the color to be blue."

Garmadon angrily looked down at his deck of cards. No blue cards, just reds and yellows.

"How do you even win this game.." Garmadon muttered as he drew another card. Not blue, just another red.

Lloyd was now down to two cards. He put down one of them.

"Uno!!" Lloyd screeched. Garmadon flinched at the sudden racket.

"What got into you?!" He yelled as he gripped his chest, trying to control his breathing. Lloyd laughed at his behavior.

"Oh, that's what you do when you're down to one card. As you put down the next-to-last card, you yell 'Uno'. I thought I told you that."

"Well, I forgot! I thought you were crazy!"

Lloyd shrugged and waited for him to complete his turn. Garmadon drew another card, looked at it, and grinned. He slammed it down, revealing it to be a "Draw 4" card.

"HA!" Garmadon pointed his finger to the card. Lloyd laughed and grabbed the four cards.

Hours flew by, and they weren't even done with the first game! The two kept pulling the "Draw 4" and " Skip Turn" cards on each other, thereby reducing the chance of finishing the game anytime soon. But finally, Garmadon was down to two cards. So was Lloyd. The deck of cards was now almost fully gone.

Garmadon glared at Lloyd and quickly out down his next-to-last card.

"Uno!!!" They both yelled. Garmadon was taken aback by him saying it with him.

"Why'd you say it? It isn't your turn."

"Well, if your opponent says 'Uno' before you do, they have to draw two cards."

"This game is pure evil," Garmadon said under his breath.

"Well, at least you said it before me."

Lloyd put down his card and shouted, "Uno!"

They were now tied. Garmadon groaned as he had neither the color of number of the card. He drew another card, just for it to be a red, as the color had been switched to yellow.

Lloyd laughed triumphantly and slammed his last card down.

"Looks like I win, Father."

"Not for long," Garmadon snapped as he put his cards down. " You obviously cheated! I demand a rematch!"

Lloyd laughed it off, knowing he couldn't argue with him, although he never cheated.

"Fair enough," Lloyd sighed, and began to shuffle the cards again.

Word Count: 732 Words. (Thanks for requesting! I'll try to get all of the other requests done as soon as possible!)