• Burning Love • Lord! Garmadon x Kai

• Requested by @StrayingRaven •

Third Person POV

"Kai!"

"Kai, where are you?!"

Kai groaned, rolling over onto his side. His ears were ringing, every limb felt like it shared the weight of a planet. Leaning back against a tall, dry tree, his eyes widened at the sight; fire.

Smoke was billowing from all directions; the flames reached higher than the trees. It was quiet. It could mean that everyone escaped......or not.

"Kai!"

Oh. There was that voice again. Someone was still here?

He clawed at the earth around him, gripping for whatever he could in an attempt to pull himself into view of the owner of the voice. The smoke filled and burned his lungs, all while stinging his eyes. With each movement, it became harder to breathe.

Heavy footsteps were approaching painfully slowly. Inching himself forward as the setting sun blanketed his battered body, Kai hoarsely whispered, "Help.....I'm here...!"

As soon as he got the words out, his vision began blurring, the light being flushed out. The final thing he felt before blacking out was his head sinking to the dirt.

~~~~~~~

Kai's eyes fluttered open. The pain wasn't gone, in fact it was almost unbearable. His lungs were stinging and his muscles felt flattened.

Panic began to swell up in his stomach when his eyes finally surveyed his new surroundings.

It was dark, wherever it was; tall trees provided long silhouettes on the horizon; loud claps of thunder were all that his ears could strain to hear.

With a stifled groan, he sat upright, only to be shoved back against a tree. The action forced a cough to run up into his throat.

"Stay down," A voice gruffly muttered.

Kai looked up and locked eyes with a pair of beady red ones.

"Garmadon?!" He sucked in a gasp only to erupt into a coughing fit, eyes as wide as saucers.

Garmadon leaned forward and pressed a finger to his lips. "Shh," he whispered, looking over his shoulder.

As soon as Kai was about to protest, a sharp, piercing howl erupted across the land.

"Garmadon, where are we?" Kai asked fretfully, snapping his head around to find the source of the howl.

"It's the best I could do under such circumstances. I'm sorry, but right now, I need to fix your wounds," He spoke quickly and quietly, lifting the boy's limp body up into his arms.

Kai felt his vision blurring, his head spinning from dehydration. He leaned his head against Garmadon's shoulder.

With another "Boom!" of thunder, rain began trickling down, giving Garmadon more than enough incentive to find shelter. The rain felt cold on Kai's face, drawing him closer to the taller man's body for warmth.

Soon enough, Garmadon came across a fallen tree, not ideal, but perfect for taking shelter under for a short amount of time.

After making sure that rain wasn't leaking through, he sat Kai down under the foliage. It may have been uncomfortable to rest on, but it was a dry place to stay.

As Kai leaned back against the rough tree stump, his pitiful expression met Garmadon's eyes with full force.

Much to his surprise, Garmadon felt a burning in his chest; an aching sensation that didn't want to leave. "I did this," He thought over and over.

As he got up, turning on his heel to make a run for it, a weak voice called out, "Wait!"

He froze, barely looking over his shoulder to see Kai, reaching out his arm, only to retract it once seeing the soft, red glow of his eye.

"Please," Kai said, barely above a whisper. "Stay. Don't leave me here."

Garmadon looked down at the ground, grumbling in annoyance. This didn't help the guilt that was crushing him with every step he took. Besides, being so far away from civilization, he had nothing to properly fix Kai's injuries.

Not knowing what else to do, he turned back around, strode forward. He ripped his dark purple belt off of his waist and began rending it into smaller pieces to wrap around the injuries.

His knees dropped to the ground with a mighty thud, to which Kai jumped at the suddenness. Garmadon quickly grabbed Kai's wrist with an iron grip to start bandaging up one of his scrapes.

Kai winced at how tight the fabric was against his battered and burnt skin. Every now and again, he'd hear a "Sorry" from Garmadon, but it was a very quiet and reserved one, so he couldn't be completely sure that it was what he said.

Kai watched as Garmadon's hands became much more gentle, soothing, even, as he continued. He was still getting over the astonishment that Garmadon didn't leave him behind, so this piled up onto his already heavy brain.

But soon after he got over the shock, he felt the bigger hands leave his arms. "What?! He can't be done already, can he?!" He thought, watching as Garmadon backed up from him.

"Alright, I think I fixed you up," He muttered.

Kai held back a disappointed sigh. Since he wasn't quite used to being doted over in such a tender way, he wasn't really ready for it to end quite yet.

Before he could get a "Thank you" out of his mouth, Garmadon smirked, "Wait, I forgot a spot," and leaned forward, pressing a kiss against his bruised cheek.

Heat immediately rose to his face as he gawked at the sniggering warlord. His mouth began to work before his brain did, saying, "This place kinda hurts, too...," pointing a feeble finger up to his forehead.

Garmadon let a grin creep onto his lips, placing two of his hands on each side of his head, leaning forward to kiss his forehead.

He pulled away, gazing into Kai's starry eyes. Garmadon brushed his thumb against the boy's pale lips.

"And here?" Garmadon mused, smiling down at him.

After a short silence, Kai murmured, "And here."

Word Count: 981 Words.

(Hello! Yes, it's been a while, but thanks to a burst of creativity, I managed to pull this one out of my hat!

Thanks to @StrayingRaven for requesting this! It was fun to do!

Thank you guys so much for 21k views! That's insane, especially for a book like this, and especially for something written by me. It means a lot that you guys enjoy this stuff!

At the moment, I have at least five or six requests still in the queue, so if you guys could hold onto your requests for a little while longer, that would be helpful!

While I'm at it, if you happen to spot any incorrect grammar/spelling in this or any chapter, please bring it to my attention so I can edit it!

I'll be trying to get the rest of them done as soon as possible! Thank you for reading! Stay safe!)