• Powers • Season 3! Sensei! Garmadon x Season 3! Lloyd

• Requested by ElinaLunaStar

Third Person POV

"Hey, look! It's Lloyd Garmadon!"

Lloyd flinched as he heard the very familiar words. He and his father had to go shopping, but it was very difficult to get ten feet away without someone recognizing him.

He forced a smile as he turned to see a group of girls shrieking and swooning at him. As he turned back around to continue walking, Garmadon noticed a bit of a frown on his face.

Once they left the screeching group of girls, he asked, "Son, what's troubling you?"

Lloyd shook his head. "It's nothing. Nothing really..."

Garmadon pursed his lips, knowing that nothing meant something. He knew better than to bug him about it until they got out of the sight of his swarm of fans.

~~~~~~~

The two walked in silence back home, hoods up, heads down, trying not to make eye contact with the strangers that passed them by.

Before they reached the monastery, Garmadon led Lloyd to a bench near the building. They both sat down, putting down the bags of groceries they had carried from the store.

"Lloyd, I want to ask you something, and I would very much like an honest answer," Garmadon began, glancing at him to make sure he was paying attention.

Lloyd swallowed a lump in his throat. Uh oh. Starting a conversation with that means bad news. He nodded as he looked at his father.

"How come you keep avoiding people? You are usually very open to spending time with your 'fans.'"

Yep, that was what Lloyd didn't want to talk about.

He bit his lip, looking away slightly, tugging at the edges of his sleeve.

"Lloyd. Answer me," Garmadon softly, but sternly, whispered.

"I just feel weird about it."

"About what?"

"I just.... feel like people care more about what I do better than who I am."

Garmadon placed a hand on his son's shoulder. "That can't be true. Don't think like that."

Lloyd stood up and yelled, "But it's true! Nobody cares about me, it's just my power they all care about!"

Garmadon sat completely still, watching his son complain.

"I know it sounds selfish, but I just wish people would show a little more care about something other than my power!" He paced around, swinging his arms every now and then to make his point.

Suddenly, he stopped. Why was he doing this? He never lashes out like this, especially not in front of his father. A wave of embarrassment slid over him like a thick blanket.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I shouldn't have done that. I just..." He mumbled as he slid down on his knees, hiding his face from Garmadon.

A few seconds passed as Lloyd sat on the ground. Garmadon shook his head as he carefully got down on the ground beside him. He wrapped an arm around him, which made Lloyd lean against his body.

"I know. Don't be sorry, it's okay to vent," he muttered against his son's blond hair.

"I just don't like this feeling.." Lloyd groaned as he helped his dad to stand back up.

"None do. But I'm sure that your friends may feel the same sometimes," Garmadon said as he pointed toward the glowing light coming from the open window. "Maybe you could share how you feel with them?"

"I don't know... I think I'd just come off as self-absorbed."

With a smile, Garmadon picked up the grocery bags and began to walk to the doors with him. "You never know, Lloyd."

Word Count: 586 Words.

(Sorry for the super long delay! I've been caught up with Christmas Break Homework™ and a Nexo Knights themed, Christmas drawing challenge on my Twitter. [It's totesfakeabbey if you would like to check out my art.]

Now that I'm on Christmas break, I'm going to try to catch up with my requests. [So it would be appreciated if you would hold all requests until I'm able to get to them. Sorry for the inconvenience.] Thank you for requesting!)