• Stop Thinking! • Teen! Wu x Teen! Garmadon

• Requested by @lily-bela •

Third Person POV

Wu sat atop a stair with his elbows propped on his knees. His mind was full; some would say it's a good thing to have a brain that's constantly thinking, but in Wu's case, not at all.

His heart was heavy, as his father had recently passed. And with all that Garmadon was dealing with, it was becoming evident how much could wreak havoc on his mental state.

It could be any given day that he surrendered to the venom that was coursing through his veins. And what then? Would he have to kill his own brother?

"What are you doing?"

Wu jumped at the voice. He turned his head upwards to see the semi-worried face of his older brother. Returning to his original position, he said lowly, "Nothing. Just thinking."

"'Thinking,' eh?" Garmadon mimicked his voice as he took a seat beside him. "That's dangerous to do by yourself."

Wu nodded with a sigh, turning his head as he wrung his hands together.

"What are you thinking so hard about then, Brother?"

Wu stared at the horizon. The setting of the sun made it almost unbearable to look directly at the beauty of the sky. But as beautiful as the sky was at this moment, the inevitable darkness was slowly crawling over it, masking its majesty with the cover of night.

This reminded him of his brother's situation; for his beloved brother to be overtaken by pure evil tore him up. He couldn't even begin to imagine what he was feeling, what he was holding back, what he was fighting.

Suddenly, he felt a finger jab into his side. He jumped, snapping his head to see the amused look on Garmadon's face.

"What was that for?"

"You need to stop thinking." Garmadon sent another poke into his side.

Wu flinched again. "No, you need to stop that."

"Come on, you loved this when you were little. Whenever you were sad, it would make you happy."

"First of all, you know very well that I hated being tickled. Second, it didn't count as making me happy because it was literally forcing me to laugh. And finally, that was when we were kids. I've changed since then."

Garmadon raised a brow, pinching at his ribs. Sure enough, Wu was bluffing the whole time. He lept from the spot he was sitting, but to his dismay, Garmadon followed him, continuing his barrage of prods and pokes.

"It doesn't look like you've changed as much as you so proudly admitted, Brother. All of your weak spots have remained. What's that? 'Snop' isn't a word. You really have changed, you're usually more articulate than this."

Garmadon went to every length to tease him for still being ticklish in hopes of forcing a laugh out of him. And, by golly, it worked.

Wu fell to pieces immediately, squirming and smacking Garmadon's hands. After a few minutes, Garmadon stopped, waiting for Wu to catch his breath.

"Well, are you going to tell me what's wrong or am I going to have to keep annoying you?"

Wu's face that was adorned with a laughing smile instantly changed to that of a distant stare.

"It's just....complicated things. Everything is just piling up, what with Father and...."

"And me."

Wu glanced at Garmadon's face as he finished his sentence. He felt tears pricking the corners of his eyes, making him turn away. Garmadon put a hand on Wu's shoulder, gripping it almost desperately.

"Listen to me, Wu," He enunciated. "No matter how hard it will be, I will not allow the venom coursing through my veins to change anything. We're still brothers and nothing will change that." To end his little speech, he hugged Wu from behind.

Wu wiped his eyes against his sleeve. "Do you really mean it?" He half-heartedly chuckled.

"I promise."

Word Count: 638 Words.

(Hello again! Welp, there's your second chapter in one day! 

Thanks for requesting @lily-bela! I very much enjoyed writing it! I hope you liked it!

Thanks for reading! Today, this book reached 45k views! That's like, a lot of k's! Thank you all so much for reading this thing! 

I hope to see you all next week! Stay safe!

- your sleepy author, Abbey :]    )