• Regret for the Future • Floating Ball! Overlord x S2! Lord! Garmadon

• Requested by @OriginalOverlord •

Third Person POV

Garmadon stared down at the ground, arms crossed behind his back. The repeated ticking of the Celestial Clock echoed in his head.

He felt odd; a mixture between elation and regret for something that hadn't even happened yet. The fact that he was going to be responsible for the regret he already felt only made it worse.

The prophecy? Engage in a battle with the destined Green Ninja, who happened to be his son. The results? Either he or his son would be victorious; one of them had to die. Would he be the one to kill his own son? Would his son be the one to kill him? No matter how many scenarios Garmadon could think of, it seemed to end with a loss every single time.

Before he could wallow in his depressing thoughts anymore, he heard the shallow breathing of his newfound ally.

"The clock is only hours away from finishing its countdown to the Final Battle between good and evil, Garmadon," The Overlord rasped. "Why so sad?"

Garmadon could barely look at the purple entity; though it had no eyes, he could still feel the condescending stare burning into him. He felt ashamed for feeling this way; after all, he was mere hours away from ruling all of Ninjago! He wasn't supposed to feel like this. He should be happy. Proud, even. But he didn't, and the Overlord noticed it.

Instinctively, he tried to play it off with a joke. "Me? Sad? Ha! Nonsense." He turned his head, looking off to the ocean below the cliff he was standing on before adding, "It's just...."

The Overlord shook his nonexistent head. "Lloyd," He hissed. "Why am I not surprised?"

Garmadon bit his lip, nodding, as he turned to actually face the floating menace. "I still have to battle my son in order to transform Ninjago into my image," Garmadon whispered harshly under his breath. The Overlord still heard it, no matter how quiet he was.

The Overlord swooped down in front of him, snarling, "Battle and defeat, if evil is to prevail."

Garmadon sighed and walked away from him. The Overlord begrudgingly floated after him, not ready to give up his argument.

"What does the life of a single mortal mean to you compared to that of which will be yours to command?" The Overlord scoffed.

Garmadon instantly stopped, turned around, raised a finger, and boomed, "He's my son!"

The Overlord ascended higher as his voice raised. "It is the prophecy, Garmadon! It doesn't matter who he is to you!"

Garmadon backed down, crossing two of his arms behind his back. The prophecy. He thought as he sullenly turned on his heel to leave. How many times is it going to interfere with my life before it has had its fill?

"Just think," The Overlord interjected, making Garmadon stop in his tracks. "This time tomorrow, you'll rule all of Ninjago."

Garmadon remained still, thinking about what he had just said.

That would be nice. All of the world bowing down before him, worshipping his every move; an indescribable scenario, indeed! But he was struck with another stab of guilt thinking about Lloyd. This brought him to a conclusion that neither of them, nor anyone for that matter, had thought of yet.

"What if the prophecy is wrong?" He uttered.

Though he had his back turned, he could see the look of bewilderment from the Overlord's non-existent face.

He heard a noiseless huff of what seemed to be laughter before hearing the Overlord say, "The prophecy is never wrong, no matter how much you wish it would be. Make no mistake of that, Lord Garmadon."

Garmadon hung his head, smirking to himself.

"I'll keep that in mind..."

Word Count: 619 Words.

(Hello! I know I'm like a week late, but I've been quite busy with stupid stuff. [I was set loose in a store the other day and got Minecraft on PC and an ABBA CD, so I'm living pretty good.] I don't know if I'll be uploading a second chapter today or not, but I'll definitely try to whip something up this weekend.

I ended up having to reschedule my appointment for the mental health screening, and it so happens to be tomorrow, so wahoo. 

Thank you for reading! And thanks to @OriginalOverlord for requesting! I hope it was what you wanted! The Overlord is a bit of a tricky character for me, other than him being a floating ball with an attitude, so I apologize if it seemed a little shorter and lackluster than my usual!

Thanks again for reading! I hope you all have a good day!

- your sleepy author, Abbey :]   )