• Bedtime Story • Sensei! Garmadon x Child! Lloyd

Requested by ElinaLunaStar

Third Person POV

It was a quiet evening in Ninjago. Everyone was settling down for the night. Well, everyone except for little Lloyd Garmadon.

Misako had tried everything to try to calm him down; warm milk, classical music, it all was a meaningless attempt to put him to bed.

It wasn't that Lloyd was distraught to the point of staying awake, he was just bouncing off the walls, hyper and ready to stay awake.

"Oh, Lloyd, can't you please just try to sleep?" Misako asked as she tried to tuck him in for the umpteenth time.

"But moooooooom! I'm not sleepy! I wanna go on an adventure!" Lloyd whined as he waved his wooden sword in the air.

Suddenly, a knock on the door interrupted the conversation. Misako sighed and exited his room to answer the door.

She opened the door to reveal her husband, covered in dirt, scratches, and bruises. Frightened, she escorted him in, following him with a line of questions.

"What happened?! Are you okay? Who did this to you?" To each of the questions, Garmadon shrugged and stretched his limbs out.

Finally, to shut her up, he kissed her on the cheek and caressed her hair.

"So, is Lloyd asleep?" He whispered.

As soon as he got the words out, the door to Lloyd's bedroom burst open with a short, blond-headed boy wielding a wooden sword.

Misako facepalmed and groaned as Garmadon laughed at his wild son. "Does that answer your question?" She grunted as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

Garmadon understood that she had probably had a rough day at work and needed sleep. So, he put his hands on her shoulders and murmured, "You go get some sleep. I'll take care of this."

She nodded and left the room. He looked back at his son, who was now spinning his sword around. Before the sword hit him, he gripped the top of it and gently pulled it out of Lloyd's hand.

"Now, why don't you want to go to sleep?" Garmadon smiled at him as he keeled to his level.

"Because I'm a ninja! I don't need sleep! Ninjas fight!" Lloyd shouted.

Garmadon cupped his mouth to shush him. "Not so loud. Don't you know that ninjas have to be quiet, too?"

Lloyd's eyes widened as he nodded. Garmadon then picked him up and carried him to his room. Lloyd frowned as he recognized his surroundings before being set down on his bed.

"Aw, Dad! I don't wanna sleep!" Lloyd moaned into his shoulder.

Garmadon smirked and chuckled, "Well, even ninjas need sleep. And you are way past your bedtime."

"But ninjas don't have bedtimes! That's for babies!" Lloyd pounded his tiny fist on his dad's back.

Garmadon sat down beside him on the bed and ruffled his hair.

"Well, what can I do to help you sleep? Would you like me to read a story to you?"

Lloyd tilted his head in thought and immediately nodded his head.

Garmadon searched through his cabinets for a suitable book for him. After finding one, he sat back up. But Lloyd wasn't sitting in his bed. He disappeared.

Garmadon sighed heavily and looked under the bed. There were some clothes that Misako has been looking for for months, dust bunnies, and, sure enough, Lloyd wrapped into a blanket caterpillar. Garmadon pretended to have not seen him and got back up on the bed.

"Well, poor, poor Lloyd......" Garmadon said out loud with a false remorse in his voice. "He could be eaten by the snakes out there. Or taken hostage by snakes! Or even........" Garmadon paused for dramatic effect. Lloyd was trembling and strained his ears to hear what he was going to say next. "Something worse," He whispered in a raspy voice.

Lloyd couldn't take it any more. He was terrified of snakes. He sprang out from under the bed, crying about snakes. Garmadon caught him in a hug, calming him down to make him stop crying.

"Now, son, would you please let me read you the story I picked out?" Garmadon asked with a smile. Lloyd nodded his head as he rubbed his eyes.

Some odd minutes later, Garmadon finished the story and looked down at his now sleeping son.

When he got up to go, he felt tiny hands gripping onto his gi.

Garmadon smirked and whispered, "Only tonight," as he slid into the sheets beside him.

Word Count: 740 Words (Thanks for requesting!!!!!!!)