• Just A Dream? • Reader x Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by @–soulshardz– •

Third Person POV

"Hey, Garmadon!"

Your chipper greeting turned the head of your mentor.

"Sensei," He corrected with a smile.

"Right, 'Sensei,'" You playfully sneered as you took a seat on the floor, crossing your legs.

"You're early again, Y/N. Any particular reason why?" He hummed, placing his arms behind his back.

"Because I like talking to you! It's hard to get a word in when everyone else is here."

"Well, you know that my door is always open."

As soon as he said that, the rest of his class came walking in, one by one taking seats on the vinyl ground.

Finally, Garmadon unfolded his lesson, casually strolling around the circle, speaking with the volume of a clap of thunder.

You had been taking Garmadon's lessons for only a few weeks, but with each day, you couldn't help but grow more and more interested in him. While all of your fellow classmates saw him as a strict teacher, you saw him as a friend; a strict friend, but a friend, no less.

Suddenly, he called on one of your classmates to use as a "volunteer" for his example. The boy jumped where he sat, swallowing back a lump in his throat. You watched as he timidly rose to his feet, moving closer to the center of the circle where Sensei stood. You, along with the class, stifled a giggle as Garmadon proceeded to throw the volunteer over his shoulder, landing him flat on his back.

"....you were supposed to fight back," Garmadon flatly said as he pulled the groaning boy up.

"I was..?"

Garmadon sighed, nodding. As the student returned to his seat, Garmadon abruptly clapped his hands together, announcing, "Alright! Class is dismissed today! Or at least, until my brother comes back to teach you for the rest of the day."

With that, everyone made it their ultimate mission to get out and make the best of their day before their other Sensei came back from his break.

You, on the other hand, stayed behind as your fellow classmates scrambled for the door. Even Garmadon seemed to be in a hurry to leave, for some reason. Speak, you fool!

"I thought your lesson was especially good today, Garmadon," You smiled, trying to break the silence.

Garmadon stopped dead in his tracks, turning to face you. His flat expression made your face drop.

"Oh. Sensei. Sorry," You laughed nervously.

"No, no, it's not just that," He muttered. "I know for a fact that you weren't paying attention. I don't think you have been for quite a few days now."

Your heart began thumping. Uh oh. How were you supposed to get out of that?

You began to think up a response, but he put a hand up the second your mouth dropped open.

"It's not that I'm mad at you, Y/N," He said, to which you let out a sigh of relief. "I just would like to know why. Is something on your mind?"

You just smiled, shrugging. "I don't know. Just thinking, I guess."

He shook his head, chuckling as he offered a hand out. "Fine. As long as you try to pay attention next time, I'll let it slide."

You continued to hold your uncomfortably large smile up as you accepted his hand. Getting to your feet, he said, "You might want to leave. My brother won't allow breaks once he gets started on his lesson."